Re: New Picts on Yahoo Site

  • Walt Danylak
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 1, 2001
      --- In FJGRailroad@y..., Gino And Kelly DiCarlo <dicarlos@c...> wrote:
      Hi guys,

      I posted some pictures of Delaware Otsego equipment to the
      Yahoo/Member site. The folder's name is DO equipment and this should
      be the link to get there.

      Gino,

      Picture FJG4 shows the Evans cars, refered to as "Side Slider" box
      cars. Picture FJG5 shows both the Thrall "All Door" box car (CACV)
      and the Evans "Side Slider" box cars (FJ&G). The major difference
      between the two designs are the end doors. Notice that the Thrall
      doors are all the same while the Evans end doors are different from
      the center doors. The FJ&G (DO) had both designs. Cars numbered in
      40000 series are Thrall while 29000 series cars are Evans.

      Walt
    • Gino And Kelly DiCarlo
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 1, 2001
        Thanks for the info Walt, I wasn't sure about the differences! I was just
        going to label the shots "Lumber cars." Hope to see you in Syracuse this
        weekend! Will you have a table set up?

        Gino

      • mwilber@webtv.net
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 1, 2001
          Walt-Wereabouts are you going to be located with your set up,I'll drop
          by and say hello.Mark
        • Walt Danylak
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 2, 2001
            --- In FJGRailroad@y..., Gino And Kelly DiCarlo <dicarlos@c...> wrote:
            ... Hope to see you in Syracuse this weekend! Will you have a table
            set up?

            Gino & Mark,

            I do not setup at the Syracuse Show. I will be there from time to
            time on both Saturday and Sunday. I usually somewhere around the
            Central New York S Gauge Ass'n. display.

            Walt