Re: [FJGRailroad] Re: Mainline behind Fonda Speedway

    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 31, 2001
      The line was double tracked by Nicholas Decker through that area in 1873.
      Decker built the JG&K and almost drove the FJ&G and himself out of business.

      Around 1893? the line was moved a bit to the south through Fonda and
      straightened to permit the construction of more tracks on the north side to
      accomodate the FJ&G business. Do not know when the yard was built east of
      town. Does anyone on this list know?
      PKL