York Train Show

  • Walt Danylak
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 15, 2001
      I'm going to the TCA York Show Thursday (October 18) morning. If
      there is anything anyone would like me to look for, contact me off
      line.

      Walt
    • mwilber@webtv.net
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 15, 2001
        Walt-I understand the train show at the NYS Fairgrounds is Nov 3 & 4.
        Are you going to have an exhibit?Im planning to attend on saturday the
        3rd. Mark W
      • Walt Danylak
        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 15, 2001
          --- In FJGRailroad@y..., mwilber@w... wrote:
          Walt-I understand the train show at the NYS Fairgrounds is Nov 3 & 4.
          Are you going to have an exhibit?Im planning to attend on saturday the
          3rd. Mark W

          Mark,

          While I usually attend the show on Saturday, I don't setup any
          exhibit. I'm a member of the Central New York S Gauge Ass'n., and
          they have an operating layout, which I help out with.

          Walt
          Message 4 of 8 , Oct 16, 2001
            Walt,

            Can you give us the details on the Syracuse show? I'd like to go!

            Gino

            > ----------

          • Walt Danylak
            Message 5 of 8 , Oct 16, 2001
              --- In FJGRailroad@y..., "Dicarlo, Gino" <Gino.Dicarlo@q...> wrote:
              Walt,

              Can you give us the details on the Syracuse show? I'd like to go!

              Gino

              Gino,

              The show is on November 3 & 4 at the State Fairgrounds. I'm not
              positive of the hours, but I think it's 10am - 6pm on Saturday and
              10am - 5pm on Sunday. I'll find out and let you know for sure.

              There are two ways to get there. Take Exit 34A on the Thruway to I481
              South to I690 West to the Fairgrounds exit. This way takes you
              through the city. Traffic is not usually too bad on the weekends. If
              you want to avoid the city, take Exit 39 to I690 East to the
              Fairgrounds exit.

              Walt
              Message 6 of 8 , Nov 4, 2003
                Anyone find anything good at the Syracuse show? I saw Little Falls and
                Dolgeville Railroad
                shirts for $8.95. Great deal, but only large, no EX!!! Of course, I
                couldn't get one then...

                Gino DiCarlo
                Imaging

                Quad/Imaging
                A Division of Quad/Graphics

                Saratoga Springs, New York

                518-581-4276 phone
                gino.dicarlo@...
                www.QG.com
              • Walt Danylak
                Message 7 of 8 , Nov 4, 2003
                  Gino,

                  Nothing much new in the way of FJ&G items at the show. Bob's Photos
                  and a few other photo dealers were there, but I didn't see anything
                  new in the line of photos. There was a new reprint (2nd Edition)of
                  the book "Night of Disaster, The NYC Gulf Curve Wreck" by David A.
                  Taylor and Lucinda M. Parker. It's available for $11.95 plus $2.25
                  shipping directly from David A. Taylor, 546 Garden Street, Little
                  Falls, NY 13365-1426. Email: tracks(at)twcny.rr.com. The (at) means
                  @, but if you type the complete email address, Yahoo drops the last
                  few letters.

                  Walt
                  Message 8 of 8 , Nov 5, 2003
                    I saw that book and meant to grab one! Unfortunately I bought
                    a railroad atlas that didn't include the Troy & Schenectady,
                    original Greenwich & Johnsonville, Jerseyfield Railroad or the
                    Amsterdam Chuctanunda and Northern. To say the least, I am
                    disappointed with it...