November Model Railroader

  • Walt Danylak
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 6, 2001
      Received the November MR today. On page 70 is a photo of Henry
      Propst's HO layout showing a scene at Fonda. In the backround there
      appears to be a model of FJ&G #30. Is Henry a member of the group? If
      so, I'd like to see a closeup photo of #30. Does anyone know Henry if
      he's not a group member. He must live in the Albany area as
      underneath the photo it mentions seeing his layout at the NMRA NE
      Division Convention to be held in Albany October 26-28.

      Walt
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 6, 2001
        That's great Walt! What does it say he models? I want to say that
        a guy contacted me through my web page saying he was going to model
        the Chicago Line between ALbany and Utica. He used to work for the
        NYC way back and he was asking me about FJG engines in the 50's and
        60s and what they had! He remembered the engines, but not what
        they were...

        Received the November MR today. On page 70 is a photo of Henry
        Propst's HO layout showing a scene at Fonda. In the backround there
        appears to be a model of FJ&G #30. Is Henry a member of the group? If
        so, I'd like to see a closeup photo of #30. Does anyone know Henry if
        he's not a group member. He must live in the Albany area as
        underneath the photo it mentions seeing his layout at the NMRA NE
        Division Convention to be held in Albany October 26-28.

        Walt

        Visit Gino's F.J.G.R.R. Page at
        http://www.capital.net/~dicarlos/

        http://www.trainweb.com/gcdra/

        in New York State at
        http://ny.existingstations.com/

      • Walt Danylak
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 6, 2001
          --- In FJGRailroad@y..., "Dicarlo, Gino" <Gino.Dicarlo@q...> wrote:
          That's great Walt! What does it say he models? ...

          He models the NYC, and the photo shows a pair of NYC E8's with a
          passenger train.

          Walt
        • stevejamie1@juno.com
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 8, 2001
            ---Hi Everyone,
            I know Henry he models the NYC and that is the 44 tonner in the
            background my freind Jim has been to to his house to run his railroad
            he always telling me about the section of the FJG that Henry
            did.Can't wait to see the picture.From What Jim said it's the fonda
            yard and a track that runs off in to the backdrop that reprecents the
            rest of the FJG.I'll will go see his layout during the convention at
            the end of the month last Friday we saw a great D&H layout.It's
            always great to see others people modeling and it gets me OFF MY ASS
            and do something instead of talking about doing something.

            Steve In FJGRailroad@y..., "Walt Danylak"