Re: Flanger

  • Walt Danylak
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 5, 2001
      --- In FJGRailroad@y..., Ricky M Smith <Knixrule1@j...> wrote:

      Where was the flanger built ?

      The trucks said D&H on them so I would guess that they are not
      original ?

      Assume the flanger was built by the D&H at either Colonie or Oneonta.
      I would guess Oneonta as Colonie was mostly locomotives while Oneonta
      was mostly freight cars. The flanger is a standard D&H design. There
      is, or at least there was, one at Steamtown in Scranton, PA.

      Walt
    • mark_jacob2000@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 10 , Oct 5, 2001
        Yes, the ex D&H flanger is still at Scranton. There are identical ex
        D&H flangers in use on the Battenkill RR and Vermont Ry. CLP also had
        one, not sure if it's still used. Tioga Central also used to have
        one, I assume they still do.
        Message 3 of 10 , Oct 5, 2001
          Yes, I wanted to mention that! The BKRR has a flanger too! She is in
          terrible need of a
          paint job!!!

          Gino

          Message 4 of 10 , Oct 5, 2001
            For what it is, the Battenkill is one amazing shortline... (1) for its
            ability to stay open; and (2) for it endless array of photographic props.

            From: Dicarlo, Gino <Gino.Dicarlo@...>
            To: 'FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com' <FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com>
            Date: Friday, October 05, 2001 2:31 PM
            Subject: RE: [FJGRailroad] Re: Flanger

            Message 5 of 10 , Oct 5, 2001
              Aaron,

              I've just started making trips to Greenwich to snap shots of the BKRR!
              There is one
              photographic opportunity after another! Their main yards in Greenwich is
              like a trip
              to the past! There's a lot about that line that reminds me of the FJG in
              the 80's.
              The 2 ALCOs they have make me think of 100 and 103...

              Gino

            • fusco@baldcom.net
              Message 6 of 10 , Oct 6, 2001
                The former Tioga Central's ex-D&H flanger is parked on a siding with
                some other vintage stock at a museum alongside Route 38 between
                Newark
                Valley and Berkshire. It's just like the FJ&G's with one exception---
                it has an extended vision side windows in in the cab, you know those
                little bulges that stick out one person-width wider on each side.-Andy