Re: [FJGRailroad] Re: Flanger

  • Ricky M Smith
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 5, 2001
      Where was the flanger built ?

      The trucks said D&H on them so I would guess that they are not
      original ?

      Steve Myers

      GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
      http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.
    • Walt Danylak
      Message 2 of 10 , Oct 5, 2001
        --- In FJGRailroad@y..., Ricky M Smith <Knixrule1@j...> wrote:

        Where was the flanger built ?

        The trucks said D&H on them so I would guess that they are not
        original ?

        Assume the flanger was built by the D&H at either Colonie or Oneonta.
        I would guess Oneonta as Colonie was mostly locomotives while Oneonta
        was mostly freight cars. The flanger is a standard D&H design. There
        is, or at least there was, one at Steamtown in Scranton, PA.

        Walt
      • mark_jacob2000@yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 10 , Oct 5, 2001
          Yes, the ex D&H flanger is still at Scranton. There are identical ex
          D&H flangers in use on the Battenkill RR and Vermont Ry. CLP also had
          one, not sure if it's still used. Tioga Central also used to have
          one, I assume they still do.
          Message 4 of 10 , Oct 5, 2001
            Yes, I wanted to mention that! The BKRR has a flanger too! She is in
            terrible need of a
            paint job!!!

            Gino

            Message 5 of 10 , Oct 5, 2001
              For what it is, the Battenkill is one amazing shortline... (1) for its
              ability to stay open; and (2) for it endless array of photographic props.

              From: Dicarlo, Gino <Gino.Dicarlo@...>
              To: 'FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com' <FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com>
              Date: Friday, October 05, 2001 2:31 PM
              Subject: RE: [FJGRailroad] Re: Flanger

              Message 6 of 10 , Oct 5, 2001
                Aaron,

                I've just started making trips to Greenwich to snap shots of the BKRR!
                There is one
                photographic opportunity after another! Their main yards in Greenwich is
                like a trip
                to the past! There's a lot about that line that reminds me of the FJG in
                the 80's.
                The 2 ALCOs they have make me think of 100 and 103...

                Gino

              • fusco@baldcom.net
                Message 7 of 10 , Oct 6, 2001
                  The former Tioga Central's ex-D&H flanger is parked on a siding with
                  some other vintage stock at a museum alongside Route 38 between
                  Newark
                  Valley and Berkshire. It's just like the FJ&G's with one exception---
                  it has an extended vision side windows in in the cab, you know those
                  little bulges that stick out one person-width wider on each side.-Andy