Re: [FJGRailroad] Re: Flanger

  • Ricky M Smith
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 4, 2001

      Message 2 of 10 , Oct 5, 2001
        Where was the flanger built ?

        The trucks said D&H on them so I would guess that they are not
        original ?

        Steve Myers

      • Walt Danylak
        Message 3 of 10 , Oct 5, 2001
          --- In FJGRailroad@y..., Ricky M Smith <Knixrule1@j...> wrote:

          Where was the flanger built ?

          The trucks said D&H on them so I would guess that they are not
          original ?

          Assume the flanger was built by the D&H at either Colonie or Oneonta.
          I would guess Oneonta as Colonie was mostly locomotives while Oneonta
          was mostly freight cars. The flanger is a standard D&H design. There
          is, or at least there was, one at Steamtown in Scranton, PA.

          Walt
        • mark_jacob2000@yahoo.com
          Message 4 of 10 , Oct 5, 2001
            Yes, the ex D&H flanger is still at Scranton. There are identical ex
            D&H flangers in use on the Battenkill RR and Vermont Ry. CLP also had
            one, not sure if it's still used. Tioga Central also used to have
            one, I assume they still do.
            Message 5 of 10 , Oct 5, 2001
              Yes, I wanted to mention that! The BKRR has a flanger too! She is in
              terrible need of a
              paint job!!!

              Gino

              Message 6 of 10 , Oct 5, 2001
                For what it is, the Battenkill is one amazing shortline... (1) for its
                ability to stay open; and (2) for it endless array of photographic props.

                From: Dicarlo, Gino <Gino.Dicarlo@...>
                To: 'FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com' <FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com>
                Date: Friday, October 05, 2001 2:31 PM
                Subject: RE: [FJGRailroad] Re: Flanger

                Message 7 of 10 , Oct 5, 2001
                  Aaron,

                  I've just started making trips to Greenwich to snap shots of the BKRR!
                  There is one
                  photographic opportunity after another! Their main yards in Greenwich is
                  like a trip
                  to the past! There's a lot about that line that reminds me of the FJG in
                  the 80's.
                  The 2 ALCOs they have make me think of 100 and 103...

                  Gino

                • fusco@baldcom.net
                  Message 8 of 10 , Oct 6, 2001
                    The former Tioga Central's ex-D&H flanger is parked on a siding with
                    some other vintage stock at a museum alongside Route 38 between
                    Newark
                    Valley and Berkshire. It's just like the FJ&G's with one exception---
                    it has an extended vision side windows in in the cab, you know those
                    little bulges that stick out one person-width wider on each side.-Andy