Security

  • skalbfel@ix.netcom.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 1, 2001
      What type of security did the FJG have, especially during WW2. Did the
      company have a contract with either the city police or the county
      sheriff to keep people off the trains and out of the yards and ROW.
      Those white signs were everywhere. How were they enforced. This has
      never been discussed.
      Saul
    • Dick Ryall
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 1, 2001
        None that I know of Ron and I poked arround the yard any time we wanted,
        dick

        skalbfel@... wrote:

        > What type of security did the FJG have, especially during WW2. Did the
        > company have a contract with either the city police or the county
        > sheriff to keep people off the trains and out of the yards and ROW.
        > Those white signs were everywhere. How were they enforced. This has
        > never been discussed.
        > Saul

      • Walt Danylak
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 2, 2001
          --- In FJGRailroad@y..., skalbfel@i... wrote:
          What type of security did the FJG have, especially during WW2. Did the
          company have a contract with either the city police or the county
          sheriff to keep people off the trains and out of the yards and ROW.
          Those white signs were everywhere. How were they enforced. This has
          never been discussed.
          Saul

          Saul,

          Bob Bedford told me that during WW2 he was questioned by some police
          officer while taking a photo of #202 making a mail run. The photo is
          the somewhat well know photo of #202 south of Johnstown headed north.

          Walt