Re: [FJGRailroad] Re: Caboose 3

    Message 1 of 17 , Oct 1, 2001
      I didn't see any of the right kind of caboose here... all the ones pictured
      are wide-vision steel cabooses.

      From: b_michael_berger@... <b_michael_berger@...>
      To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com <FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com>
      Date: Sunday, September 30, 2001 7:25 PM
      Subject: [FJGRailroad] Re: Caboose 3

      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      Message 2 of 17 , May 22 6:42 PM
        Hi guys,

        Here's a neat picture of FJG 3 from 1975. I found it on the web...

        FJ&G 3 - Fonda, Johnstown & Gloversville #3, Gloversville NY. 7/75. S.
        Roger Kirkpatrick collection

        http://cencalrails.railfan.net/fj&G3srkcoll.jpg

        www.ginosrailpage.com
        www.fjgrr.org
        Message 3 of 17 , May 22 7:23 PM
          Image looks familiar... was this one of "Charly's Slides?"

          Message 4 of 17 , May 22 7:31 PM
            It's from the Central California Railfan site.  Kind of odd for an FJ&G photo to
            show up...

            Gino

            On 5/22/06, Aaron Keller <akeller1979@...> wrote:
            Image looks familiar... was this one of "Charly's Slides?"

            > Here's a neat picture of FJG 3 from 1975.  I found it on the web...
            >
            > FJ&G 3 - Fonda, Johnstown & Gloversville #3, Gloversville NY. 7/75. S.
            > Roger Kirkpatrick collection
            >
            > http://cencalrails.railfan.net/fj&G3srkcoll.jpg
            >
            > Gino
            >
            > --
            > www.ginosrailpage.com
            > www.fjgrr.org

            > Visit Pete Seftons Lost Landmark Page
            > http://www.lostlandmarks.org
            > Visit Charles P. Woolever's Existing Railroad Stations in New York State
            > at

            > Small business finance
            >      Business finance consultant  Business finance magazine  Business
            > finance schools

            > Service.

            Visit Pete Seftons Lost Landmark Page
            http://www.lostlandmarks.org
            http://ny.existingstations.com/

            YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

            --
            www.ginosrailpage.com
            www.fjgrr.org
            Message 5 of 17 , Oct 15, 2006
              Hi All,

              Does anyone know what the D&H number for FJ&G caboose 3 would have been?
              I've found an article for D&H cabeese from 1972 that shows two center
              cupola cabeese, making me wonder what series the FJ&G caboose was from.

              Also, can anyone remember an HO kit from the '80s of this caboose? Maybe
              I'm hallucinating but I was sure someone had a resin or plastic kit out
              back then for D&H cabeese.

              Message 6 of 17 , Oct 16, 2006
                The D&H number was written on the frame underneath the caboose. I had the
                chance to write it down but don't think I did.

                Anybody know where it went after it left Marshall Machinery in the late 90s
                or early 2000s?

                Message 7 of 17 , Oct 16, 2006
                  Hi Aaron,

                  There was a listing on the Bridge Line web site for:

                  D&H 35707 Cooperstown Jct, NY, Leatherstocking Railway Museum, NRHS

                  Not sure if this was the same caboose or not but they also have two
                  steel cabeese listed for this same museum. There was no listing for any
                  D&H caboose being sold to the FJ&G but there was information on other
                  cabeese going to other places.

                  Gino (I think or, or maybe it was you) posted a shot of an ex-D&H center
                  cupola caboose as LASB 305 in fresh blue paint about a month or three
                  ago, not sure if this was FJ&G 3 or another D&H caboose.

                  Paul :-)

                  Message 8 of 17 , Oct 16, 2006
                    Message 9 of 17 , Oct 16, 2006
                      Hi Aaron,

                      Thanks, that helped a lot. Red Ball has just finished the early design
                      work for an HO kit of D&H 35909 and this appears to be from the same
                      series FJ&G was originally from.

                      Paul :-)

                      Aaron Keller wrote:
                      > Paul, D&H 35707 would have been a wooden caboose... but it did not have the
                      > outside bracing.
                      >
                      > FJ&G 3 would have been more like these:
                      > http://www.rr-fallenflags.org/dh/dh35909akg.jpg
                      > http://www.rr-fallenflags.org/dh/dh35909bkg.jpg
                      > http://www.trainweb.org/dhvm/images/dhrr_caboose/Raymond-Dumas/35789-01.jpg
                      > http://www.trainweb.org/dhvm/images/dhrr_caboose/Raymond-Dumas/35789-02.jpg
                      > http://www.trainweb.org/dhvm/images/dhrr_caboose/Ted-Slavinski/35790-01.jpg
                      > http://www.rr-fallenflags.org/dh/dh35830at.jpg
                      >
                      > Note the angular metal strips on the side --- that's how the 3 looked.
                      >
                      > -Aaron
                    • Gino DiCarlo
                      Message 10 of 17 , Oct 22, 2006
                        Yes, the photo of the blue Delaware Otsego Caboose was the former
                        Number 3.

                        Gino

                        --- In FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com, Paul Charland <p.charlie@...>

                        Message 11 of 17 , Jun 3, 2007
                          Hello,

                          Charles Woolever wrote a few weeks ago asking about Caboose 3 for
                          modeling purposes. I just remembered that Steve Lamora has a killer
                          model of number 3. Lettering for the old FJG, not the DO. Steve, do
                          you have some info for Charles?

                          www.ginosrailpage.com
                          www.fjgrr.org