Caboose 3

    Message 1 of 17 , Sep 28, 2001
      Does anyone know if you can find a HO caboose out there that resembles
      Caboose #3?
      I looked at Mohawk Valley Railroad and The Station in Scotia and neither guy
      thought there
      was anything like that! I told them it was a classic D&H style. I didn't
      even see any other
      wooden styles out there except for some bobbers which there were plenty of!
      Is there another
      name I should use when looking?

      Thanks,

      Gino
    • Walt Danylak
      Message 2 of 17 , Sep 28, 2001
        Gino,

        In addition to the O scale kit Aaron told you about, the kit was also
        marketed in S by Quality Craft, whom I'm sure made the O scale kit
        for Ambroid. I think, but I'm not sure, that Quality Craft also
        offered the kit in HO. In addition, Overland imported a number of
        versions of the D&H caboose in HO in the late 1980's or early 1990's.

        Walt
        Message 3 of 17 , Sep 28, 2001
          So what your saying is that there isn't a current version being sold?

          Gino

          > ----------

        • Walt Danylak
          Message 4 of 17 , Sep 28, 2001
            --- In FJGRailroad@y..., "Dicarlo, Gino" <Gino.Dicarlo@q...> wrote:
            So what your saying is that there isn't a current version being sold?

            Gino

            Gino,

            I'm not aware of a current version of the D&H caboose in any scale.

            Internet Explorer 6.0

            I just received the IE 6.0 update from Microsoft and it has a real
            neat new feature. You can print any photo that appears on the
            internet. It only prints the photo. I tested it on Ebay and Gino's
            FJ&G website. It worked in both places. The only short coming I've
            noticed is that if the photo is larger than the screen can display,
            it only prints the part of the photo that is shown when first
            displayed on the screen.

            IE 6.0 can be downloaded for free and or you can order a CD version,
            this is what I did, as the download takes for ever.

            Walt
            Message 5 of 17 , Sep 29, 2001
              There it is, Gino; just don't put that little gadget on the top of the
              cupola.
              http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1641662591

              From: Dicarlo, Gino <Gino.Dicarlo@...>
              To: FJGrailroad (E-mail) <FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com>
              Date: Friday, September 28, 2001 3:05 PM
              Subject: [FJGRailroad] Caboose 3

            • b_michael_berger@yahoo.com
              Message 6 of 17 , Sep 30, 2001
                D&H Caboose is available, if you can afford it -
                see http://www.modeltrains.com/over-d&h.htm.

                Mike

                Message 7 of 17 , Oct 1, 2001
                  I didn't see any of the right kind of caboose here... all the ones pictured
                  are wide-vision steel cabooses.

                  From: b_michael_berger@... <b_michael_berger@...>
                  To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com <FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com>
                  Date: Sunday, September 30, 2001 7:25 PM
                  Subject: [FJGRailroad] Re: Caboose 3

                  http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                  Message 8 of 17 , May 22 6:42 PM
                    Hi guys,

                    Here's a neat picture of FJG 3 from 1975. I found it on the web...

                    FJ&G 3 - Fonda, Johnstown & Gloversville #3, Gloversville NY. 7/75. S.
                    Roger Kirkpatrick collection

                    http://cencalrails.railfan.net/fj&G3srkcoll.jpg

                    www.ginosrailpage.com
                    www.fjgrr.org
                    Message 9 of 17 , May 22 7:23 PM
                      Image looks familiar... was this one of "Charly's Slides?"

                      Message 10 of 17 , May 22 7:31 PM
                        It's from the Central California Railfan site.  Kind of odd for an FJ&G photo to
                        show up...

                        Gino

                        On 5/22/06, Aaron Keller <akeller1979@...> wrote:
                        Image looks familiar... was this one of "Charly's Slides?"

                        > Here's a neat picture of FJG 3 from 1975.  I found it on the web...
                        >
                        > FJ&G 3 - Fonda, Johnstown & Gloversville #3, Gloversville NY. 7/75. S.
                        > Roger Kirkpatrick collection
                        >
                        > http://cencalrails.railfan.net/fj&G3srkcoll.jpg
                        >
                        > Gino
                        >
                        > --
                        > www.ginosrailpage.com
                        > www.fjgrr.org

                        > Visit Pete Seftons Lost Landmark Page
                        > http://www.lostlandmarks.org
                        > Visit Charles P. Woolever's Existing Railroad Stations in New York State
                        > at

                        > Small business finance
                        >      Business finance consultant  Business finance magazine  Business
                        > finance schools

                        > Service.

                        Visit Pete Seftons Lost Landmark Page
                        http://www.lostlandmarks.org
                        http://ny.existingstations.com/

                        YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

                        --
                        www.ginosrailpage.com
                        www.fjgrr.org
                        Message 11 of 17 , Oct 15, 2006
                          Hi All,

                          Does anyone know what the D&H number for FJ&G caboose 3 would have been?
                          I've found an article for D&H cabeese from 1972 that shows two center
                          cupola cabeese, making me wonder what series the FJ&G caboose was from.

                          Also, can anyone remember an HO kit from the '80s of this caboose? Maybe
                          I'm hallucinating but I was sure someone had a resin or plastic kit out
                          back then for D&H cabeese.

                          Message 12 of 17 , Oct 16, 2006
                            The D&H number was written on the frame underneath the caboose. I had the
                            chance to write it down but don't think I did.

                            Anybody know where it went after it left Marshall Machinery in the late 90s
                            or early 2000s?

                            Message 13 of 17 , Oct 16, 2006
                              Hi Aaron,

                              There was a listing on the Bridge Line web site for:

                              D&H 35707 Cooperstown Jct, NY, Leatherstocking Railway Museum, NRHS

                              Not sure if this was the same caboose or not but they also have two
                              steel cabeese listed for this same museum. There was no listing for any
                              D&H caboose being sold to the FJ&G but there was information on other
                              cabeese going to other places.

                              Gino (I think or, or maybe it was you) posted a shot of an ex-D&H center
                              cupola caboose as LASB 305 in fresh blue paint about a month or three
                              ago, not sure if this was FJ&G 3 or another D&H caboose.

                              Paul :-)

                              Message 14 of 17 , Oct 16, 2006
                                Message 15 of 17 , Oct 16, 2006
                                  Hi Aaron,

                                  Thanks, that helped a lot. Red Ball has just finished the early design
                                  work for an HO kit of D&H 35909 and this appears to be from the same
                                  series FJ&G was originally from.

                                  Paul :-)

                                  Aaron Keller wrote:
                                  > Paul, D&H 35707 would have been a wooden caboose... but it did not have the
                                  > outside bracing.
                                  >
                                  > FJ&G 3 would have been more like these:
                                  > http://www.rr-fallenflags.org/dh/dh35909akg.jpg
                                  > http://www.rr-fallenflags.org/dh/dh35909bkg.jpg
                                  > http://www.trainweb.org/dhvm/images/dhrr_caboose/Raymond-Dumas/35789-01.jpg
                                  > http://www.trainweb.org/dhvm/images/dhrr_caboose/Raymond-Dumas/35789-02.jpg
                                  > http://www.trainweb.org/dhvm/images/dhrr_caboose/Ted-Slavinski/35790-01.jpg
                                  > http://www.rr-fallenflags.org/dh/dh35830at.jpg
                                  >
                                  > Note the angular metal strips on the side --- that's how the 3 looked.
                                  >
                                  > -Aaron
                                • Gino DiCarlo
                                  Message 16 of 17 , Oct 22, 2006
                                    Yes, the photo of the blue Delaware Otsego Caboose was the former
                                    Number 3.

                                    Gino

                                    --- In FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com, Paul Charland <p.charlie@...>

                                    Message 17 of 17 , Jun 3, 2007
                                      Hello,

                                      Charles Woolever wrote a few weeks ago asking about Caboose 3 for
                                      modeling purposes. I just remembered that Steve Lamora has a killer
                                      model of number 3. Lettering for the old FJG, not the DO. Steve, do
                                      you have some info for Charles?

                                      www.ginosrailpage.com
                                      www.fjgrr.org