Re: Personall Coach

  • Walt Danylak
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 18, 2001
      --- In FJGRailroad@y..., Gino And Kelly DiCarlo <dicarlos@c...> wrote:
      Hi,

      Does anyone know if the FJG's big wigs (i.e. J. Ledlee Hees) had
      their own private railcar when cruising the line, or did they sit
      with the rest of the passengers? Any idea? You'd think that the
      management would want some privacy.

      Gino

      Gino,

      I've never come across any reference to private car owned by the FJ&G.
      They did run special trains (locomotive & usually 1 car) but using
      the regular passenger equipment.

      The only reference to any kind of private car I've read about is when
      Webb (NYC&HR) would visit the FJ&G (Fall-Winter 1892-93). He had his
      own inspection locomotive (Mohawk) and would usually have a Pullman
      or private car in tow. He made several visits with the Mohawk until
      he gained control of the FJ&G in 1893.

      Walt