Schenectady Museum exhibit on American Locomotive Company

  • Malcolm Horton
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 10, 2001
      To all,

      150 years ago (in 1851) manufacturing of steam locomotives started in Schenectady and ended when ALCO closed its doors in the 1950s. The largest steam locomotives in the world were made here. The subject special exhibit runs thru November 25 and should be of interest to all of our members.

      The Schenectady Museum is located on Nott Terrace Heights, just uphill above the ALCO diesel locomotive which is on Nott Terrace. Museum hours are:
         Tuesdays thru Fridays, 10:00 am thru 4:30 pm.
         Saturdays and Sundays, 12:00 noon thru 5:00 pm.

      Admission is $ 3.50 per adult / $ 2.00 per child.

      This exhibit is very well done.

      Malcolm Horton

    • Ricky M Smith
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 10, 2001
        I went to the Schdy museum for the ALCO 150th birthday,
        they really didnt have too much, but they took us on a tour of
        supersteel. The ALCO RS-3 in front of the museum is worthy of a photo, I
        only wish that they painted it for a local railroad.

        Steve Myers

        On Mon, 10 Sep 2001 18:22:14 -0000 "Malcolm Horton" <mdhorton@...>
        writes:
        > To all,
        >
        > 150 years ago (in 1851) manufacturing of steam locomotives started
        > in Schenectady and ended when ALCO closed its doors in the 1950s.
        > The largest steam locomotives in the world were made here. The
        > subject special exhibit runs thru November 25 and should be of
        > interest to all of our members.
        >
        > The Schenectady Museum is located on Nott Terrace Heights, just
        > uphill above the ALCO diesel locomotive which is on Nott Terrace.
        > Museum hours are:
        > Tuesdays thru Fridays, 10:00 am thru 4:30 pm.
        > Saturdays and Sundays, 12:00 noon thru 5:00 pm.
        >
        > Admission is $ 3.50 per adult / $ 2.00 per child.
        >
        > This exhibit is very well done.
        >
        > Malcolm Horton

        GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
        http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.