RE: [FJGRailroad] August Get Together

    Message 1 of 130 , Jul 12 4:39 AM
      Hi guys,

      We most certainly need to have a barbecue that weekend! I will
      volunteer my services
      to cook! We'll have to get some kind of grill going. As for people
      coming from out of town, the
      Super 8 motel in Johnstown is not a bad place and is fairly
      reasonable. I had some friends
      stay there about 10 years ago when my band was in town. I doubt the
      quality has gone
      down in 10 years. Looking forward to getting together! This
      occasion would also be
      a good opportunity for an FJG-Swap meet for anyone who has extras in
      their collection
      that they may want to trade with someone else. It also would be a
      great time for people
      to showcase some of their FJG models! I know that people on out
      list are working on
      some neat stuff and it would probably be a great time to have
      someone like Paul Larner
      and Walt to check out the detail! Looking forward to meeting
      people!

      Message 130 of 130 , Jun 24, 2004
        Joe,

        I've been meaning to thank you for that comment! It all started
        with me wanting to share my FJ&G collection with people. I thought
        the web was a great spot, and look. I found that there are more
        FJ&G fans out there than myself! I've also met some great people!
        I'm so glad I decided to post my FJ&G pictures 7 years ago!

        For those of you on the fence about attending this August's get-together,
        DO IT!!! We have a great time. This is a GREAT bunch of people in
        this group and when you meet people like Steve Lamora, Paul Larner,
        Walt Danylak, Glenn Williams, Mark Wilber, Malcolm Horton, Dick Finn,
        Jerry Snyder and club member Dave Refue, you come away with a great feeling!!!
        Take the time and join us this year. I guarantee you won't be disappointed!!!
        If you are, Paul Larner will reimburse your travel expenses!!!!

        But seriously folks, do attend. You won't regret it! I look forward
        to our get together all year! I hate the wait, but it's more that worth
        it when the time comes...

        Gino DiCarlo

        p.s. I haven't heard from Uncle Leo!!!