Re: [FJGRailroad] Re: Membership

  • ka2hsu@juno.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 7, 2001
      Thanks for the identification of the trolleys I saw on the flatcar in Chicago. I had always remembered that they were on their way to Seattle but Portland is probably right. Same direction.

      Rogers Finch

      On Sat, 07 Jul 2001 16:21:23 -0000 "Walt Danylak" <waltdanylak@...> writes:
      --- In FJGRailroad@y..., ka2hsu@j... wrote:
      Hi everyone

      ... In 1944 I was on a sleeper passing through Chicago when I spotted
      out of my window flatcars with FJ&G trolleys on them headed west. Was
      this when the "bullets" were shipped to Salt Lake City?

      Rogers,

      Glad to have aboard!

      The bullets were shipped in 1939, at least from Gloversville. I think
      they were first returned to Brill for an overhaul, but I'm not sure
      about that. Regardless, it shouldn't have taken 5 years to overhaul
      them.

      Depending on how flat cars you saw, it might have been the #176 &
      #177 going to Portland. I'm not sure just what date these cars were
      shipped, but I think it was some time in the 1940's.

      Please feel free to share any of your boyhood stories about the FJ&G
      with the group. If you have any questions concerning the FJ&G or
      Fulton County in general, don't be afraid to ask. I can't guarantee
      you we'll always have an answer, but we'll try our best.

      Once again, glad to have you with us.

      Walt