RE: [FJGRailroad] Membership

    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 6, 2001
      Hi Rogers!

      Once again, welcome to the group! So glad you introduced yourself! I have
      sent you
      a message from home, this is my work address! So glad you found us and
      we're glad
      to have you! As for the Bullet Cars, they were shipped out by flat car in
      early 1939!
      Once again welcome and don't be shy about sharing some Broadalbin stories
      with us!

      Gino DiCarlo
      Group Moderator

      > ----------
      > From: ka2hsu@...
      > Subject: Re: [FJGRailroad] Membership
      >
      > Hi everyone
      >
      > I'm a newcomer to the Group but an old time FJ&G fan. I was born and
      > raised in Broadalbin, high school graduate in 1937, college degrees in
      > 1941, 1947, and 1950, and 4 1/2 years of service with Uncle Sam.

      Rogers B. Finch
    • Walt Danylak
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 7, 2001
        --- In FJGRailroad@y..., ka2hsu@j... wrote:
        Hi everyone

        ... In 1944 I was on a sleeper passing through Chicago when I spotted
        out of my window flatcars with FJ&G trolleys on them headed west. Was
        this when the "bullets" were shipped to Salt Lake City?

        Rogers,

        Glad to have aboard!

        The bullets were shipped in 1939, at least from Gloversville. I think
        they were first returned to Brill for an overhaul, but I'm not sure
        about that. Regardless, it shouldn't have taken 5 years to overhaul
        them.

        Depending on how flat cars you saw, it might have been the #176 &
        #177 going to Portland. I'm not sure just what date these cars were
        shipped, but I think it was some time in the 1940's.

        Please feel free to share any of your boyhood stories about the FJ&G
        with the group. If you have any questions concerning the FJ&G or
        Fulton County in general, don't be afraid to ask. I can't guarantee
        you we'll always have an answer, but we'll try our best.

        Once again, glad to have you with us.

        Walt
      • ka2hsu@juno.com