The tunnel under old Rt.30

  • skalbfel@ix.netcom.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 5, 2001
      That's where all us Park kids got out first kiss! I don't see how the
      tunnel passing under a former state highway can be anything but public
      property. This has the same legal status as a waterway passing under
      the road. I know that the operator of the marina, if it is the same
      family, has been highly protective of their property over the years.
      The road that turned off old Rt.30 and approached the rear of the
      station used to a public road, and then one year in the early '60's it
      was gated off. They have also owned the old dance hall for many years.
      Too bad that building could not have had a better "afterlife." I'd
      like to floodlight the tunnel and examine the wall scrapings of names
      and dates going back over sixty years.
      Stuck in the Midwest,
      Your pal,
      Saul
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 5, 2001
        The tunnel is still there? I'd love to see it! Anytime in the past that
        I've
        walked around Sacandaga Park, I've gotten nothing but dirty looks and
        no help from the local residents! I think they thought I was casing the
        place!!!