The Antlers ??????

  • psefton@crosslink.net
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 6, 2001
      I've got a question....

      does anyone know what "The Antlers" is or was ?

      There are several different 1900-1915 era postcards that show a sprawling
      bungalow-style structure with wide porches that has this name. The location
      is given as either Amsterdam or Tribes Hill, depending on the card. It has
      the look of either a lodge-type hotel or a country club clubhouse with
      restaurant. One of the less common card views of it is on eBay tonight at
      1150852766.
    • Glenn Williams
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 7, 2001
        --- In FJGRailroad@e..., psefton@c... wrote:
        > I've got a question....
        >
        > does anyone know what "The Antlers" is or was ?
        >
        > There are several different 1900-1915 era postcards that show a
        > sprawling bungalow-style structure with wide porches that has this
        > name. The location is given as either Amsterdam or Tribes Hill,
        > depending on the card. It has the look of either a lodge-type hotel
        > or a country club clubhouse with restaurant. One of the less common
        > card views of it is on eBay tonight at 1150852766.

        The Antlers was a golf club whose Electric Division station was at
        the east end of the Tribes Hill trestle. It was in business as such
        back in 1989 but I defer to those closer to the scene as to its
        current status.

        Glenn
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 7, 2001
          The Antler's is most definitely still in business! They've got a great
          private golf course there
          and it costs some bucks to join the place!!! I'm not sure if the restaurant
          is still going, but
          it was a few years ago!! Beautiful place!!!

          Gino