Engine #14

  • Gino And Kelly DiCarlo
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 4, 2001
      Hi guys,

      In going through some of my old model trains, I found an 0-6-0 that looks
      a lot like 14. I'm gonna put a 14 on the cab, but I want to put Fonda
      Johnstown
      and Gloversville on the tender. does anyone know what size decals I'd have
      use to do this?

      Gino
    • Walt Danylak
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 5, 2001
        --- In FJGRailroad@y..., Gino And Kelly DiCarlo <dicarlos@c...> wrote:
        Hi guys,

        In going through some of my old model trains, I found an 0-6-0 that
        looks a lot like 14. I'm gonna put a 14 on the cab, but I want to put
        Fonda Johnstown and Gloversville on the tender. Does anyone know what
        size decals I'd have to use to do this?

        Gino

        I would guess that the lettering is 4", maybe 5", but no larger than
        5". Also, if I remember correctly, the lettering should be silver and
        not white.

        Walt
      • Gino And Kelly DiCarlo
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 5, 2001
          OK Walt, I'm not too good with the math of modeling. If the original
          lettering was 5 inches, what would it be on an HO scale engine? You
          say it was silver and not white? What about the 14 on the cab? That
          wasn't white?

          Gino

          > From: "Walt Danylak" <waltdanylak@...>

          > Subject: [FJGRailroad] Re: Engine #14

          > Gino
          >
          > I would guess that the lettering is 4", maybe 5", but no larger than
          > 5". Also, if I remember correctly, the lettering should be silver and
          > not white.
          >
          > Walt
        • Walt Danylak
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 5, 2001
            --- In FJGRailroad@y..., Gino And Kelly DiCarlo <dicarlos@c...> wrote:
            OK Walt, I'm not too good with the math of modeling. If the original
            lettering was 5 inches, what would it be on an HO scale engine? You
            say it was silver and not white? What about the 14 on the cab? That
            wasn't white?

            Gino

            Gino,

            To determine the size you need divide 1 by 87.1. This will give the
            actual size of 1" in HO scale (.01148"). Then multiply the result
            (.01148") by the number of inches you need. If you want 5" in HO it
            would be .057405". I don't know if anyone offers true HO scale
            lettering. I suggest you try Champ. If you can't find true HO
            lettering, try using 3/64" lettering. This is a little more than 4"
            in HO scale.

            This rule applies to all scales. For N divide 1 by 160, for S divide
            1 by 64 and for O divide 1 by 48.

            As I said, I think, I'm not positive, the lettering was silver. This
            would include all lettering and numbers.

            Walt