RE: [FJGRailroad] Stencils

  • mwilber@webtv.net
    Message 1 of 12 , Jun 2, 2001
      Maybe the frieght agents across the country wont catch it,then the cars
      wil show up in Fonda !
    • mwilber@webtv.net
      Message 2 of 12 , Jun 2, 2001
        We had another major derailment on our Syracuse line thursday night.Nine
        car lengths of track completely gone.Total of 10 cars that
        derailed.Hazmat car (propane) in a creek without its wheels,one upside
        down,2 or three on its side,and the rest upright but facing different
        directions.Also lumber is scattered around like toothpicks. It was in a
        hamlet called Messengerville;halfway between Cortland and Marathon NY. I
        havent seen it yet,I worked the Utica side yesterday.Maybe Andy or Walt
        may have something in their local paper. Mark
      • Walt Danylak
        Message 3 of 12 , Jun 2, 2001
          --- In FJGRailroad@y..., mwilber@w... wrote:
          We had another major derailment on our Syracuse line thursday night.
          Nine car lengths of track completely gone. Total of 10 cars that
          derailed. Hazmat car (propane) in a creek without its wheels, one
          upside down, 2 or three on its side,and the rest upright but facing
          different directions. Also lumber is scattered around like
          toothpicks. It was in a hamlet called Messengerville;halfway between
          Cortland and Marathon NY. I havent seen it yet,I worked the Utica
          side yesterday. Maybe Andy or Walt may have something in their local
          paper. Mark

          Mark,

          There was a brief mention on the news last night about the wreck, but
          no more details that what you said. No mention of the wreck in either
          yesterdays or this mornings Post Standard. I did not see the Herald
          Journal last night, so I don't know if they wrote anything about the
          wreck. If I see, hear or read any other info, I'll let you know.

          Walt
        • Randy & Lorraine
          Message 4 of 12 , Jun 2, 2001
            It would be fun to see how long the letters last??
            Message 5 of 12 , Jun 2, 2001
              At least they are clean words!You dont find too many words on the cars
              that are 3 letters or less;and/or 5 letters or more! Mark
            • Randy & Lorraine
              Message 6 of 12 , Jun 4, 2001
                Most of what I see are encrypted??but some are quite straight forward!

              • mwilber@webtv.net
                Message 7 of 12 , Apr 2, 2002
                  Just heard of a train wreck in Altoona,Pa. tonight which involved 3
                  different trains.Details sketchy but sounds like the first train hit a
                  track dept. equipment causing the train to derail into a second
                  train,and causing that to wreck into a third train.Im just getting
                  pieces from other railfans on the net.Maybe someone may know more about
                  this than me. Mark
                  Message 8 of 12 , Apr 3, 2002
                    Wow, yeah I saw it on the news this morning. My son told me from the living
                    room that NS hoppers were on fire. I didn't know what he was talking about
                    until I saw a bunch of Norfolk Southern hoppers derailed with a fire nearby.
                    Quite the wreck...

                    Gino

                  • Knixrule1@juno.com
                    Message 9 of 12 , Apr 3, 2002
                      Please tell me that it was a NS train and not CSX??!!

                      Steve

                      .

                      .

                      .

                      .
                      Guilford has gotten rid of its carmen and now makes the train crew
                      inspect the train before they leave East Deerfield, Mellon loves to make
                      a name for himself. So much for all those news articles that I read
                      about him being loving, compassionate, and a philanthropist back in the
                      early eighties when he wanted to buy the B&M,D&H,MEC lines.

                      Steve Myers

                      .

                      .

                      .

                      .

                      .

                      .
                      On Wed, 3 Apr 2002 06:50:41 -0600 "Dicarlo, Gino" <Gino.Dicarlo@...>
                      writes:
                      > Wow, yeah I saw it on the news this morning. My son told me from the
                      > living
                      > room that NS hoppers were on fire. I didn't know what he was
                      > talking about
                      > until I saw a bunch of Norfolk Southern hoppers derailed with a fire
                      > nearby.
                      > Quite the wreck...
                      >
                      > Gino
                      >
                      > > ----------

                      GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
                      http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.
                    • dowens15228
                      Message 10 of 12 , Apr 3, 2002
                        More pictures of the wreck are available on www.WJACTV.com, a nearby -
                        Johnstown, PA - including some overhead shots.

                        Dan Owens
                      • dowens15228
                        Message 11 of 12 , Apr 3, 2002
                          The trailer/container train was NS. I haven't read who owned the 2
                          other trains that hit it.

                          More info this AM on wrta.com.

                          Dan Owens