RE: [FJGRailroad] Stencils

    Message 1 of 12 , Jun 2, 2001
      Laugh all you want Randy, but I have thought of doing that before! When I
      was younger of
      course! I always figured, who'd care if I covered GATX with FJG! Heck, CSX
      is already in a few
      spot on their boxcars, what would a little FJG hurt! Who would notice C & O
      covered with
      another classic railroad! No one would notice, right? We'll go down to
      Selkirk one night with
      a stencil and a couple of cans of spray paint! Then we'll head to a
      Susquehanna Yard and
      change some of those cars around! That would at least be keeping it in the
      family!

    • mwilber@webtv.net
      Message 2 of 12 , Jun 2, 2001
        Maybe the frieght agents across the country wont catch it,then the cars
        wil show up in Fonda !
      • mwilber@webtv.net
        Message 3 of 12 , Jun 2, 2001
          We had another major derailment on our Syracuse line thursday night.Nine
          car lengths of track completely gone.Total of 10 cars that
          derailed.Hazmat car (propane) in a creek without its wheels,one upside
          down,2 or three on its side,and the rest upright but facing different
          directions.Also lumber is scattered around like toothpicks. It was in a
          hamlet called Messengerville;halfway between Cortland and Marathon NY. I
          havent seen it yet,I worked the Utica side yesterday.Maybe Andy or Walt
          may have something in their local paper. Mark
        • Walt Danylak
          Message 4 of 12 , Jun 2, 2001
            --- In FJGRailroad@y..., mwilber@w... wrote:
            We had another major derailment on our Syracuse line thursday night.
            Nine car lengths of track completely gone. Total of 10 cars that
            derailed. Hazmat car (propane) in a creek without its wheels, one
            upside down, 2 or three on its side,and the rest upright but facing
            different directions. Also lumber is scattered around like
            toothpicks. It was in a hamlet called Messengerville;halfway between
            Cortland and Marathon NY. I havent seen it yet,I worked the Utica
            side yesterday. Maybe Andy or Walt may have something in their local
            paper. Mark

            Mark,

            There was a brief mention on the news last night about the wreck, but
            no more details that what you said. No mention of the wreck in either
            yesterdays or this mornings Post Standard. I did not see the Herald
            Journal last night, so I don't know if they wrote anything about the
            wreck. If I see, hear or read any other info, I'll let you know.

            Walt
          • Randy & Lorraine
            Message 5 of 12 , Jun 2, 2001
              It would be fun to see how long the letters last??

            • mwilber@webtv.net
              Message 6 of 12 , Jun 2, 2001
                At least they are clean words!You dont find too many words on the cars
                that are 3 letters or less;and/or 5 letters or more! Mark
              • Randy & Lorraine
                Message 7 of 12 , Jun 4, 2001
                  Most of what I see are encrypted??but some are quite straight forward!

                • mwilber@webtv.net
                  Message 8 of 12 , Apr 2, 2002
                    Just heard of a train wreck in Altoona,Pa. tonight which involved 3
                    different trains.Details sketchy but sounds like the first train hit a
                    track dept. equipment causing the train to derail into a second
                    train,and causing that to wreck into a third train.Im just getting
                    pieces from other railfans on the net.Maybe someone may know more about
                    this than me. Mark
                    Message 9 of 12 , Apr 3, 2002
                      Wow, yeah I saw it on the news this morning. My son told me from the living
                      room that NS hoppers were on fire. I didn't know what he was talking about
                      until I saw a bunch of Norfolk Southern hoppers derailed with a fire nearby.
                      Quite the wreck...

                      Gino

                    • Knixrule1@juno.com
                      Message 10 of 12 , Apr 3, 2002
                        Please tell me that it was a NS train and not CSX??!!

                        Steve

                        .

                        .

                        .

                        .
                        Guilford has gotten rid of its carmen and now makes the train crew
                        inspect the train before they leave East Deerfield, Mellon loves to make
                        a name for himself. So much for all those news articles that I read
                        about him being loving, compassionate, and a philanthropist back in the
                        early eighties when he wanted to buy the B&M,D&H,MEC lines.

                        Steve Myers

                        .

                        .

                        .

                        .

                        .

                        .
                        On Wed, 3 Apr 2002 06:50:41 -0600 "Dicarlo, Gino" <Gino.Dicarlo@...>
                        writes:
                        > Wow, yeah I saw it on the news this morning. My son told me from the
                        > living
                        > room that NS hoppers were on fire. I didn't know what he was
                        > talking about
                        > until I saw a bunch of Norfolk Southern hoppers derailed with a fire
                        > nearby.
                        > Quite the wreck...
                        >
                        > Gino
                        >
                        > > ----------

                        GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
                        http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.
                      • dowens15228
                        Message 11 of 12 , Apr 3, 2002
                          More pictures of the wreck are available on www.WJACTV.com, a nearby -
                          Johnstown, PA - including some overhead shots.

                          Dan Owens
                        • dowens15228
                          Message 12 of 12 , Apr 3, 2002
                            The trailer/container train was NS. I haven't read who owned the 2
                            other trains that hit it.

                            More info this AM on wrta.com.

                            Dan Owens