A Cautionary Tale (Was: Ebay 1150424558 - DON' T BID!!!)

  • 103424.2304@compuserve.com
    Message 1 of 2 , May 30 3:59 PM
      --- In FJGRailroad@y..., "Walt Danylak" <waltdanylak@c...> wrote:
      > Everyone,
      >
      > To say the least, the photo is over priced. If anyone is interested
      > in a copy of a near identical photo, contact me off line. I have a
      > negative, in focus, of just about the same shot.
      >
      > Walt

      As the eBay bid page noted, this picture is from the estate of Harry
      Frye, the long-time historian of the B&M Railroad Historical
      Society. Harry lived downriver from me, and when he died, it was
      without a will and without any (or few) close relatives. As a
      result, his collection is being dispersed.

      Not to be too morbid here, but:

      o Do you have a will?
      o If so, does it specify the disposition of your railroadiana?
      o If so, have you specified someone to handle the task in case your
      executor/trix cannot/will not do it.
      o If you do not have a will, why not?

      We all hear horror stories about the end of railroad collections.
      Harry's is a real life one.

      Glenn