Re: Box Cars - More Than You Wanted To Know

  • Walt Danylak
    Message 1 of 3 , May 26, 2001
      --- In FJGRailroad@y..., "Dicarlo, Gino" <Gino.Dicarlo@q...> wrote:
      Walt,

      The 4/16/76 issue of the Leader Herald talks of the plan to stencil
      Fulton and Montgomery counties on all the FJG/DO/PC boxcars.
      Volunteers were going to stencil the cars because the cars were
      showing up all around the country and they wanted to get the
      names "Fulton" and "Montgomery" counties out there! They weren't sure
      they could stencil all the cars because they were leased out a lot!
      They figured on stenciling 10 at a time when they were in the
      Gloversville freight yard. According to the article, the plan
      stalled and never fully materialized. You say some of them did get
      stenciled with "Fulton County" on them?

      Gino

      Gino,

      I have a photo of at least one of cars with the Fulton County stencil
      on it. I'll bring it to the meeting Wednesday.

      Walt