Re: [FJGRailroad] FW: ballpark

  • Randy & Lorraine Decker
    Message 1 of 49 , May 1, 2001
      Yes this area needs some better detective work on my end?? I eeed a good
      map?? can't find one for the Park?? THat little valley was the site of a
      great little amusement park? This was Later called Jollyland and according
      to Mr. Shuttleworth who is still alive it was called Jollyland?? and is the
      only area that is flat and large enough for a Baseball field anywhere in
      that area ? Now I am sure other Field exisited in Amsterdam and Other Teams
      palyed there but I do Know the early Rugmakers played at this Park I have
      the photo's , Like I said it is confusing to me when I go there!! there
      was an area closer to Hagaman that had the Picnic Grove and Dance Hall and
      Hotel. You have to remember this was a large park at one time the
      Shuttelworth ballfield is only a small part of what it once was ??
      Message 49 of 49 , May 6, 2001
        Paul,

        Yeah, we a had a big discussion about the Cayadutta Line and the
        Hair Mill a while back,, but I can't find those messages at work!
        I'll have to dig at home!

        Gino.dicarlo@...
        Digital Assembly
        Quad Imaging Saratoga