Reopening the line

  • Gino And Kelly DiCarlo
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 6, 2000
      I was very shocked to hear the news about opening the line.
      For some time now, I have had this feeling that one of the
      Johnstown industrial Park occupants might express interest in
      reopening the line from Fonda to Johnstown. This makes total
      sense! It will only draw more business to Fulton County! Now
      having said that, I'm sure That Fulton County will do it's best
      to see that Benjamin Moore gets no help in bringing rail-service
      back! I'm sure the bike trail will have all the help it needs...

      Gino
    • Randy & Lorraine Decker
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 6, 2000
        Nice point! The powers that be regarding the disposition of the railbed
        rolled over without a noise for Walmart (that building could have been
        placed differently on the land they bought to accomodate a possible future
        use of the roadbed!) I have had questions for Walmart and it is difficult to
        get an answer unless you pay a lawyer to ask them! I dont want to stop
        industry from coming into the area at all but this could have been better!

        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 7, 2000
          I suggest we run the line right through the new walmart building that thing
          is big enough to put a siding in there as well!