Re: [FJGRailroad] Hi Everyone

  • Richard W. Ryall
    Message 1 of 18 , Apr 9, 2001
      Speak for yourself Paul, motley bunch come on now. dick

    • Richard W. Ryall
      Message 2 of 18 , Apr 9, 2001
        Nothing would please me more than to get to Mayberry this summer.. dick

        Message 3 of 18 , Apr 10, 2001
          Jonathan!

          Thanks for the introduction! So great to hear from you! You will find a
          font of info on the FJG
          here! I don't think I have to tell you not to be shy!!! Welcome aboard...

          Gino

          Message 4 of 18 , Apr 10, 2001
            One more thing Jonathan! One of our members, Andy Fusco has a rather
            impressive FJG O-Scale
            layout. Pictures of it can be seen on our Yahoo-Group pages. Check it
            out...

            Gino

            Message 5 of 18 , Apr 10, 2001
              I was going to use the word eclectic, but motley seemed to fit better for
              the guys I'm personally acquainted with. We are a variety of backgrounds,
              occupations and ages with a common thread from the FJ&G. The best part is
              the age range, from the twenties to been there/done that. Some of us have
              worked for the FJ&G at different times and others have never seen the
              railroad operate either as itself or under DO. Other were fascinated from
              the sidelines, taking photos and absorbing information they share with the
              group. There are a couple who have modelled the FJ&G, one in quite detail
              which I'm hoping we can get some photos up before summer. Unfortunately the
              gentleman (deferential term for someone a bit older than I) is not on line.

              Motley's appropriate, you must relate the word to the comic strip using that
              word in its name. Or the band?

              PKL

              Message 6 of 18 , Apr 10, 2001
                Definitely don't use the term "Motley" in reference to the band! The comic
                strip is more like it!

                > ----------

              • Randy & Lorraine Decker
                Message 7 of 18 , Apr 10, 2001
                  I would use the other half of the Motley Band title and call us Quite a
                  Crew!! myself??

                  Message 8 of 18 , Apr 10, 2001
                    Wasn't it Crue? If so Gino might know the significance of the spelling.
                    Wasn't one of their members in a video made a bit notorious a while back?

                    PKL

                    Message 9 of 18 , Apr 10, 2001
                      That's it!! I will have hats made that say Crue! for us FJ&G roadies!!!

                      Message 10 of 18 , Apr 10, 2001
                        It sure was Motley Crue! They got in trouble from the comic strip people,
                        so they had to change
                        the spelling! The comic strip people wanted nothing to do with that bunch
                        of idiots! Oh yeah, Pam
                        and Tommy Lee made such nice movies together...

                      • Richard W. Ryall
                        Message 11 of 18 , Apr 10, 2001
                          How do you get there, I would like to look. dick

                          Dicarlo, Gino wrote:

                          > One more thing Jonathan! One of our members, Andy Fusco has a rather
                          > impressive FJG O-Scale
                          > layout. Pictures of it can be seen on our Yahoo-Group pages. Check it
                          > out...
                          >
                          > Gino
                          > > ----------
                          > >
                          > > Hi Everyone,
                          > > I just recently "discovered" the FJ&G and ever since, I've been
                          > > rather enamored by it. I just thought I'd write a letter to the group
                          > > and introduce myself, as well as tell how I got interested in the
                          > > FJ&G.

                          > This message has been scanned for viruses with Trend Micro's Interscan VirusWall.

                        • Richard W. Ryall
                          Message 12 of 18 , Apr 10, 2001
                            OK Paul, I`ve been in several bands so I guess Motley fits. dick

                            Message 13 of 18 , Apr 10, 2001
                              Dick,

                              Go to our FJG/Yahoo Member pages! You know, the place where you subscribed!
                              If
                              you are still an Egroups member, it won't let you get to the files section.
                              You'll have
                              to resubscribe with Yahoo! In the "FILES" section there should be a folder
                              named
                              "Andy Fusco's Layout." Don't quote me, but I think that's the name! In
                              there you'll
                              find all kinds of photos of his layout plus the FJG busses, Trolleys and
                              Diesels he
                              modeled! The busses he did are killer! He also did 20, 21, 30, 100 and
                              103. He's
                              also done some passenger coaches. Check it out if you get a chance! I
                              loved
                              seeing the layout in person!!!

                              Gino

                            • mwilber2001
                              Message 14 of 18 , Sep 18, 2009
                                Thanks for the kind words. Thanks for the invitation for the 10th,but I work on saturdays. I've enjoyed the get-togethers we've had in the past. Today I went back and looked at some past postings we did a few years ago to get my mind back on "the right track".
                              • knixrule1@juno.com
                                Message 15 of 18 , Sep 19, 2009
                                  What's the word with the NYS&W Mark?

                                  Best Weight Loss Program - Click Here!