Re: FJ&G TO REOPEN?

  • Randy & Lorraine Decker
    Message 1 of 11 , Jan 5, 2000
      I have heard of the FUNK JUNKTOWN & GOOBERSVILLE? but I would love to here another?
      Message 2 of 11 , Jan 5, 2000
        Who keeps adding the EPA/EDF ads to the bottom of the FJ&G postings?
        Three on the bottom of the last one alone!

        Paul

        Message 3 of 11 , Jan 5, 2000
          Paul I dont know to much about the complexities of a computer but it would
          seem they would come from from whoever sent the orriginal message we all
          respond to? Right?

          Message 4 of 11 , Jan 5, 2000
            Hi Randy,

            The "other" Paul was getting the same sort of stuff attached to the bottom of
            his mail about a month ago, and nobody was sure where it was coming from
            (onelist or his ISP). What it's doing is turning an average size e-mail into
            9K+!

            Message 5 of 11 , Jan 5, 2000
              That was my question some weeks ago, but some of the other fellows weren't
              getting them. I suspected they were responsible for problems, since
              disappeared, I was having downloading the the eMail. Expect since nothing
              is for nothing we're getting a little solicitation.

              PKL

              Message 6 of 11 , Jan 5, 2000
                I se that since I returned the post and disabled the HTML that the three Enviro
                ads have also been disabled. Maybe that's a solution.

                Paul

              • Carl Nellis
                Message 7 of 11 , Jan 5, 2000
                  A newspaper columnist called it the Funny, Jumpy and Gruesome Railroad in the 1950's.

                  Message 8 of 11 , Jan 5, 2000
                    Carl that is great it is in print that way? was it the leader? Great HA!
[...]

                    Visit Gino's F.J.G.R.R. Page at
                    http://www.capital.net/~dicarlos/
                  • Carl Nellis
                    Message 9 of 11 , Jan 5, 2000
                      Yes - but I don't recall if it was pre Leader Herald (Morning Herald/Leader Republican) or post era.

                      Message 10 of 11 , Jan 6, 2000
                        Outsiders refered to the line as the "Huckleberry". I found this name in
                        both the Troy and Little Falls newspapers of the late 1880's and early 90's.

                        PKL