Railbed Between Sacandaga and Northville

  • skalbfel@ix.netcom.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 5, 2000
      The end of the line must have been on a downgrade. The roadbed is about
      5 feet above the grade of the 1930 built Rt.30 and it was pretty easy to see years ago.
      This could be 10 to 15 feet above the lake high water level.
      Now the row has been pretty broken up by new construction the last 30 years.
      The new intersection at the west end of the Northville Bridge wiped out a lot
      of the roadbed. How far above the water level of the river was the ROW. Can any
      traces of the old row be found north of the bridge. I have a copy of a map I
      got from Bob Bedford 30 years ago. I'll find it and see if it is good enough
      to scan and add to the onelist site.
      Saul