Re: [FJGRailroad] Narrow Gauge

    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 4, 2001
      Gino,

      Narrow gauge railroads can wind around tighter curves. Narrow-gauge engines
      have a tighter turning radius and simply take up less space. Therefore they
      were popular in mountainous regions. There are other benefits but this is
      the most apparent.

      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 4, 2001
        You know, it does seem like these Narrow Gage lines I'm reading about were
        in the mountains! Heck, there are some still operating today, aren't there?

        Gino

      • Richard W. Ryall
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 4, 2001
          George Town Loop in Colorado is one with Shays for power, Cumbres and Toltec is annother in
          Colorado....dick