RE: [FJGRailroad] Dave's Books

    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 28, 2001
      Speaking of Dave's books, which has he written? I know he has the FJG,
      Ballston Terminal, Greenwich and Johnsonville, The Hudson Valley and
      the Albany Southern. Any else? Randy mentioned one about Oneonta, is
      there a book about the line that went to Oneonta? I think it was
      later called the Southern New York Railroad, but originally the Mohawk,
      Richfield and Oneonta. Speaking of that line, I was at a funeral this
      weekend in Mohawk, New York and all over the Funeral parlor there were
      old postcards hanging on the wall. A bunch of them were of the Trolley
      line in Mohawk and Richfield Springs. I wanted to take them home with me!

      Gino

      Gino.dicarlo@...
      Digital Assembly
      Quad Imaging Saratoga
      (518) 581-4276

      Thats the book I thought this was one of Daves!! I have this confused with
      the Oneonta line!!

    • Glenn Williams
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 28, 2001
        --- In FJGRailroad@e..., "Dicarlo, Gino" <Gino.Dicarlo@q...> wrote:
        > Speaking of Dave's books, which has he written? I know he has the
        > FJG, Ballston Terminal, Greenwich and Johnsonville, The Hudson
        > Valley and the Albany Southern. Any else? Randy mentioned one
        > about Oneonta, is there a book about the line that went to Oneonta?
        > I think it was later called the Southern New York Railroad, but
        > originally the Mohawk, Richfield and Oneonta.
        > [snip}
        >
        > Gino

        Gino,

        Dave wrote the book on the SNY, titled The Leatherstocking Route.

        BTW, the Albany Southern book, which I also have, was written by Wm
        Gordon and not Dave.

        Glenn
        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 28, 2001
          Glenn,

          I wasn't sure if it was Dave or not who wrote the Albany and
          Southern book, it looked a lot like one of his! I will have to
          start hitting Ebay for the SNY book! I didn't know he wrote
          a book on that line! Thanks for the info Glenn!

          Gino

          Gino.dicarlo@...
          Digital Assembly
          Quad Imaging Saratoga
          (518) 581-4276

          > Speaking of Dave's books, which has he written? I know he has the
          > FJG, Ballston Terminal, Greenwich and Johnsonville, The Hudson
          > Valley and the Albany Southern. Any else? Randy mentioned one
          > about Oneonta, is there a book about the line that went to Oneonta?
          > I think it was later called the Southern New York Railroad, but
          > originally the Mohawk, Richfield and Oneonta.
          > [snip}

        • Randy & Lorraine Decker
          Message 4 of 10 , Mar 28, 2001
            The Leather stocking route was the one I was refering to Gino I have not
            seen it in so long I could not remember the title or the content but I knew
            it was there!!???

          • waltdanylak@citlink.net
            Message 5 of 10 , Mar 29, 2001
              --- In FJGRailroad@y..., "Randy & Lorraine Decker" <rldecker@c...>
              wrote:
              > The Leather stocking route was the one I was refering to Gino I
              have not
              > seen it in so long I could not remember the title or the content
              but I knew
              > it was there!!???

              Gino,

              Try Ebay 1128721757. Dave's book Leatherstocking Route is on Ebay now!

              Walt
            • Randy & Lorraine Decker
              Message 6 of 10 , Mar 30, 2001
                Thanks Walt I am going to bid on it right after GIno does to run him up a
                little!!!!!! grin
                Message 7 of 10 , Mar 30, 2001

                  Message 8 of 10 , Apr 2, 2001
                    Walt,

                    Someone else is fighting hard for that book! I will still try, but my
                    budget is only so high! If you see it or any other of Dave's books pop
                    up on Ebay, please let me know!

                    Gino

                    Gino.dicarlo@...
                    Digital Assembly
                    Quad Imaging Saratoga
                    (518) 581-4276

                    Try Ebay 1128721757. Dave's book Leatherstocking Route is on Ebay now!

                    Walt

                    Visit Gino's F.J.G.R.R. Page at
                    http://www.capital.net/~dicarlos/

                    http://www.trainweb.com/gcdra/

                    in New York State at
                    http://ny.existingstations.com/

                  • Randy & Lorraine Decker
                    Message 9 of 10 , Apr 2, 2001
                      Gino more of these will come up?? no telling when but Ebay or the shows
                      will turn up more so don't go too high on it!!
                      > Someone else is fighting hard for that book! I will still try, but my
                      > budget is only so high! If you see it or any other of Dave's books pop
                      > up on Ebay, please let me know!
                      >
                      > Gino
                      >
                      > Gino.dicarlo@...
                      > Digital Assembly
                      > Quad Imaging Saratoga
                      > (518) 581-4276

                      VirusWall.

                      Message 10 of 10 , Apr 2, 2001
                        It's at $30 and I wont go too much higher! Not that it's not worth
                        it, but I'm a man of modest means!!! Plus my wife will kill me!!!
                        She is still yelling at me for paying 30 bucks for the Susquehanna Book!

                        From: Randy & Lorraine Decker [mailto:rldecker@...]