recent e-mails

  • Gino And Kelly DiCarlo
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 5, 2000
      From: "Randy & Lorraine Decker" <rldecker@...>

      Wow Paul what year was this? that would almost put it past the boat launch!
      Great! this must have been for the saw mill there was no other reason for
      the track to be this long.
      From: "paul larner" <pklarner@...>

      The extreme end of track was station 981 feet beyond the station location.
      Main track ended 81 feet beyond the station.

      PKL

      It changed through the years but never went as far as Parkville I will have
      to look myself. I know it would, at one time, have been as long as 2 or
      3hundred feet! and they had several siding tracks for an impressive yard at
      Northville!
      From: "GINO DICARLO (QUAD GRAPHICS, SARATOGA)" <GDICARLO@...>

      I always wondered what business the FJG ran into at Northville besides
      the passenger line? I know they hauled some logs, but what else? Did
      some business come across the river to be shipped by rail? What other
      business on the whole Northville Branch? We've discussed the mining near
      Mayfield and Cranberry Creek, but what other goods did they ship besides
      business?

      Gino

      (writing from work)