Re: Northville, Parkville

    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 4, 2000
      The extreme end of track was station 981 feet beyond the station location.
      Main track ended 81 feet beyond the station.

      PKL

      >From: "Randy & Lorraine Decker" <rldecker@...>
      >To: <FJGRailroad@onelist.com>
      >Subject: Re: [FJGRailroad] Northville, Parkville
      >Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2000 15:09:25 -0500
      >
      ><< text2.html >>
      ><< text3.html >>
    • Randy & Lorraine Decker
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 4, 2000
        Wow Paul what year was this? that would almost put it past the boat launch!
        Great! this must have been for the saw mill there was no other reason for
        the track to be this long.

        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 5, 2000
          The track that went by the station ended a couple car lengths beyond the
          switch north of the station. Using the switch you crossed over once or twice
          two either of two tracks that extended the full distance north. The west
          track ran past the freight house, then after the crossover switch past a few
          buildings. The center track appears to be an extension of the main trrack
          from the crossover, just north of the turntable switch. There are no
          buildings shown adjacent to this track. The tracks ended just short of the
          highway. Some of this is from the valuation maps, which I believe are the
          same ones of which Aaron has copies; the rest is from the original of the
          Northville station grounds plan. The plan is 1903; the valuation 1926.

          >From: "Randy & Lorraine Decker" <rldecker@...>
          >To: <FJGRailroad@onelist.com>
          >Subject: Re: [FJGRailroad] Northville, Parkville
          >Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2000 19:40:36 -0500
          >
          >Wow Paul what year was this? that would almost put it past the boat launch!
          >Great! this must have been for the saw mill there was no other reason for
          >the track to be this long.

        • Randy & Lorraine Decker
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 5, 2000
            Near the end of that longer track would have been the bottom Willard log
            yards there would not have been a building but their may have been a loader
            of some sorts or at least a wooden ramp for rolling those beautiful logs on
            the cars! Boy some of those old lumber-men would have a heart attack if
            they could see the prices this hardwood brings now!!! some of it is over
            $7000 per 1000 board feet! and the Europeans and the Japanese buyers are
            paying twice this !! you are talking $10,000 for a full truck load!!