Line Relocation to Northville

  • skalbfel@ix.netcom.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 3, 2000
      I've more than once tried to figure out where a relocated line would have gone.
      The relocated line would have had to follow close to the current Rt 30. This would
      have required considerable grading and a bridge over a rivine mile or two north of
      Mayfield. In contrast, the original route was almost all level.
      I've always thought a relocated line might have lasted to maybe 1950.
      Saul
    • Carl Nellis
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 3, 2000
        I can remember writing a homework news article assignment in 1953 about
        this. It was pure fantasy to me but I was surprised by the interest of my
        elderly teacher in the possibility that my news story might not be
        fictional. Never remembered my Dad saying anything about relocation plans.
        Got the impression from him that the FJG took the money and ran.