Re: Sacandaga Gates

  • Randy & Lorraine Decker
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 31 4:21 PM
      Hey Gino and Saul I have to admit I live right up here and I have not been
      in the woods behind the Northampton diner and the bunker hill road The
      crossing is real hard to see now but I know where it crossed and it did turn
      out into the lake for the run toward Mayfield from there as far as I know
      the new rt 30 was in part the desired route for the FJ&G relocation plans I
      have copies of these but I think this was just to keep the law suit for the
      loss of the railbed agaist the state on track If the state could prove the
      FJ&G had no intention of spending money for the relocation etc. etc. they
      would not have been given the setelment they were finally rewarded with I
      have the actual figure signed by the lawers somewhere one million 3 or
      something like that! but I do think the state used some of the preliminary
      surveys and geological references paid for by the FJ&G for the new rt 30 but
      the RR was always to the south of this road even at the Northville bridge
      were rt30 and the fjg came the closest!