Flanger

  • skalbfel@xx.xxxxxx.xxx
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 28, 1999
      It could have suffered a much worse fate. He must have spent a few bucks to move that
      thing. At least its near the ghost railbed of the FJ&G.
      Saul
    • Gino And Kelly DiCarlo
      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 28, 1999
        > From: skalbfel@...
        > Date: 28 Dec 1999 17:46:35 -0000
        > To: FJGRailroad@onelist.com
        > Subject: [FJGRailroad] Flanger
        >
        > From: skalbfel@...
        >
        > It could have suffered a much worse fate. He must have spent a few bucks to
        > move that
        > thing. At least its near the ghost railbed of the FJ&G.
        > Saul

        Speaking of Ghost railbed, how far was the mainline from Route 30?
        Maybe you can fill us in Randy? I've walked the woods below
        Sacandaga Park and could never find a trace of the old right of way!

        Gino
      • Ricky M Smith
        Message 3 of 10 , Oct 4, 2001

          Message 4 of 10 , Oct 5, 2001
            Where was the flanger built ?

            The trucks said D&H on them so I would guess that they are not
            original ?

            Steve Myers

          • Walt Danylak
            Message 5 of 10 , Oct 5, 2001
              --- In FJGRailroad@y..., Ricky M Smith <Knixrule1@j...> wrote:

              Where was the flanger built ?

              The trucks said D&H on them so I would guess that they are not
              original ?

              Assume the flanger was built by the D&H at either Colonie or Oneonta.
              I would guess Oneonta as Colonie was mostly locomotives while Oneonta
              was mostly freight cars. The flanger is a standard D&H design. There
              is, or at least there was, one at Steamtown in Scranton, PA.

              Walt
            • mark_jacob2000@yahoo.com
              Message 6 of 10 , Oct 5, 2001
                Yes, the ex D&H flanger is still at Scranton. There are identical ex
                D&H flangers in use on the Battenkill RR and Vermont Ry. CLP also had
                one, not sure if it's still used. Tioga Central also used to have
                one, I assume they still do.
                Message 7 of 10 , Oct 5, 2001
                  Yes, I wanted to mention that! The BKRR has a flanger too! She is in
                  terrible need of a
                  paint job!!!

                  Gino

                  Message 8 of 10 , Oct 5, 2001
                    For what it is, the Battenkill is one amazing shortline... (1) for its
                    ability to stay open; and (2) for it endless array of photographic props.

                    From: Dicarlo, Gino <Gino.Dicarlo@...>
                    To: 'FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com' <FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com>
                    Date: Friday, October 05, 2001 2:31 PM
                    Subject: RE: [FJGRailroad] Re: Flanger

                    Message 9 of 10 , Oct 5, 2001
                      Aaron,

                      I've just started making trips to Greenwich to snap shots of the BKRR!
                      There is one
                      photographic opportunity after another! Their main yards in Greenwich is
                      like a trip
                      to the past! There's a lot about that line that reminds me of the FJG in
                      the 80's.
                      The 2 ALCOs they have make me think of 100 and 103...

                      Gino

                    • fusco@baldcom.net
                      Message 10 of 10 , Oct 6, 2001
                        The former Tioga Central's ex-D&H flanger is parked on a siding with
                        some other vintage stock at a museum alongside Route 38 between
                        Newark
                        Valley and Berkshire. It's just like the FJ&G's with one exception---
                        it has an extended vision side windows in in the cab, you know those
                        little bulges that stick out one person-width wider on each side.-Andy