Snowplow Attachments

  • skalbfel@ix.netcom.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 27, 1999
      Until I saw those pictures of the S-2's with the plow attachments I didn't realize
      the company cleared snow like that. Since the engines were always pointed north,
      did they have plow units on both ends. What about the flanger that is at that
      lumber yard south of Sacandaga Park. Didn't that get used for snow clearing?
      Saul
    • Randy & Lorraine Decker
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 27, 1999
        Yep that was a flanger and the guy who bought it just wanted it for an
        office for his used cars! it was in opperating condition when he bought it
        he sold the steam fittings and the heavy underslung plows for scrap! Roger
        is a great guy and I know him personaly and he wishes he had thought to keep
        them
        > Until I saw those pictures of the S-2's with the plow attachments I didn't
        realize
        > the company cleared snow like that. Since the engines were always pointed
        north,
        > did they have plow units on both ends. What about the flanger that is at
        that
        > lumber yard south of Sacandaga Park. Didn't that get used for snow
        clearing?
        > Saul
        >
        > > Visit Gino's F.J.G.R.R. Page at
        > http://www.capital.net/~dicarlos/
      • Gino And Kelly DiCarlo
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 28, 1999
          Wasn't that flanger featured in the Model Railroad article?

          Gino

          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 28, 1999
            Hi Gino,

            There was an article on the flanger, but the plow only got a mention.

            Paul