Re: A&S RR Club

  • Randy & Lorraine Decker
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 24, 1999
      Saul : I was a member for several years in the late seventies and early
      eighties Membership dropped to almost nill towar the end and one of the
      members kept the rent going Bob Peck from Pecks flowers and used the clubs
      layout for a few years the roof had leeks and there was always the damamge
      from not running the heat throughout the winters I think Bob took a lot of
      the rolling stock and some of the equipment before giving it up I was
      surprised when I had more time a few years later and wanted to try and get
      the club going again! To find noone had rejoined or kept it up I am glad Bob
      salvaged some of the stuff and I think if it was ever resurected he would
      send some of it back. I am working on this now I will keep you post ed
      and I will post pics from my digital of the box car project as well as the
      train club if and when this is underway! It used to take about 5min to run
      a train at close to scale speeds around the layout it was big!