A&S RR Club

  • skalbfel@ix.netcom.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 24, 1999
      Are you saying the club is still in existance, or has the layout been abandoned
      in the building. It was HO when I was a member. The club owned quite a bit of
      own rolling stock. I still have my last membership card signed by Rufus Rose
      and Ira Barnes. Merry Christmas to all my friends in the FJGRailroad community.
      I'm going to celebrate here by watching our beloved Detroit Lions beat up on
      the Broncos.
      Saul
    • Randy & Lorraine Decker
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 24, 1999
        Saul : I was a member for several years in the late seventies and early
        eighties Membership dropped to almost nill towar the end and one of the
        members kept the rent going Bob Peck from Pecks flowers and used the clubs
        layout for a few years the roof had leeks and there was always the damamge
        from not running the heat throughout the winters I think Bob took a lot of
        the rolling stock and some of the equipment before giving it up I was
        surprised when I had more time a few years later and wanted to try and get
        the club going again! To find noone had rejoined or kept it up I am glad Bob
        salvaged some of the stuff and I think if it was ever resurected he would
        send some of it back. I am working on this now I will keep you post ed
        and I will post pics from my digital of the box car project as well as the
        train club if and when this is underway! It used to take about 5min to run
        a train at close to scale speeds around the layout it was big!