FJ&G RR BOOK

  • Randy & Lorraine Decker
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 21, 1999
      Hi I was talking to Gino on the phone and he had mentioned the many questions he has had about buying a copy of my book on the RR. So with my blessings Gino is going to post a pic. of the cover and an address anyone can contact to get a copy This is great, I did not realize so many people were having a hard time finding a copy and this will hopefully help! I am very happy to be able to talk with the many historians and hobbyists who are interested in this fascinating short line! I have had nothing but good comments from the people who have bought the book and I am working on a reprint right now! The publishing co. is almost out of copies of this one and I hope to have the second edition with corrections and lots of stories included ( where I can cram them) back to the publishers next month. I have copies available and can ship a signed copy through the USPS to anyone who is interested! call me at (518 863-8022) or email at rldecker@... or postal to:

      Randy Decker
      PO box 357
      Northville NY
      12134

      If you cannot contact me use the address Gino is listing. This store is in my home town and I always stop in to sign books for her and even personalize the ones she has set aside for this. I have to thank Gino again for the effort he has put into this web site and the strange people it attracts! Hey I signed up. I still say we should head to IOWA, kidnap # 30 to Fonda, lay ties and rail and drive it right to the park. Where that poor old engine can rest! My Father Lewis Decker has also printed books through this company on Gloversville as well as Johnstown I must say he is a true historian and his endeavors are selfless and driven by the disire to share his love of history with everyone! Also there is another book called "THE SACANDAGA VALLEY" that should have been on the stands last week (delays) I was given the honor of writing the last of three chapters, (the towns of Broadalbin,Mayfield and Northampton) and I put a lot of photos of the park and a few of the RR in this one as well! Please feel free to contact me any time with questions concerning the Railroad or other local history If I can't answer your questions we have some of the best experts right here! and my father is my best source for everything else! I tried to talk him into the internet! I am still working on it he has some great stories of the railroad! Thanks again Gino!!! Randy
    • Charles P Woolever
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 22, 1999
        Interesting that people have been having a hard time finding them. They
        have been in every local history section of Barnes & Noble and Borders I
        have ever been in (Rochester, Buffalo, Syracuse, Binghamton). Must be
        selling quickly. All of the spines for all of the cities/areas there are
        books on are all the same though. One book on the FJ&G gets lost if
        mistakenly put back in the middle of 10 Auburn books.

        Charles
      • Randy & Lorraine Decker
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 22, 1999
          Charles : If you or any of the other members reading this message would
          like your book signed feel free to send it to my address w/shipping charges,
          I would be happy to do the pen & ink and run it back to the post office.
          Lets see Daves terrific book (still my best source of printed information on
          the FJ&G ) The Steam and Trolley days sold for $2 when new. Now it sells for
          somewhere near $40 mine runs about $20 so that makes mine in
          old joke I heard a while back. : A man wakes up from a cryogenic freeze
          after 100yrs and is cured of his ailments when released from the hospital
          his first call is to the bank using money he had saved for this event when
          he was frozen he soon finds out that with the interest accrued during his
          long sleep he now has a balance of more than SEVEN HUNDRED BILLION US
          DOLLARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!........................Stunned he stares at the phone
          and the opperator says that will be Seven Million Dollars from your account!
          Thank you. Got to get back to this book ! got some funny
          stories! Randy