Re: Part 2, Feldspar Mine and Mayfield Quarry

  • Randy & Lorraine Decker
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 19, 1999
      I cant give the exact milage but the massive horseshoe shapped limestone cut
      is still very visable from the lake on shore it is at the intersection where
      the lake side drive in mayfield turns to the northwest and the old road
      continues to its end at the lake. it is behind a camp there and an
      extreamly dangerous spot for kids to play it must be 50' to the water and
      another 20' to the bottom when the water is high The reason I mentioned it
      was that it must have been there for some time and I thought the RR would
      have had to upgrade for this business but like you mentioned back then the
      cars were quite small!