Re: [FJGRailroad] Summer Get-Together

  • Gino And Kelly DiCarlo
    Message 1 of 36 , Oct 27, 2000
      Saul,

      That spur at Harrison Street was built brand new about 1981, 1982. It was
      only a few years old in that picture! What a waste it was for it to be torn
      up a short time later. The DO sued some people over the money put into
      that! New York state dumped some money in there for the new industrial
      park! I thought for sure that the Park might have saved the Railroad! That
      spur saw some business in the end! The fertilizer plant there was one of
      the FJG's biggest customers in the end! Another note in those pictures,
      you'll notice a white sheet on the side of the loco at the Sammonsville
      crossing. Mark Wilber and Mike Yerina who made the last run made a sign
      saying it was the Last Run of the railroad! I think those pictures are
      awesome!

      Gino

      Message 36 of 36 , May 7 6:17 PM
        We wont be seeing Andy Fusco this year. Andy has family
        commitments and make it. I do hope we will see you Rich!