Re: [FJGRailroad] Found this on the net

    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 2, 2001
      I tried to access this material but it was still in storage as it had not
      been catalogued. The stuff that is available is good but really would like
      to know what of Mr. Bedford's material actually made it to the museum. That
      is one trouble with museum collections: the paper goods languish for years
      until someone finds the time to archive them and the artifacts sit in bins
      or cubbies in a warehouse until someone gets the idea to have an exhibit
      that could use them. The other problem with donating to museums is that
      they are free to do as they wish with their donations and often sell the
      lesser quality duplicates rather than keep them as intended by the donor.

      PKL

      >From: Gino And Kelly DiCarlo <dicarlos@...>
      >To: FJG Railroad <FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com>
      >Subject: [FJGRailroad] Found this on the net
      >Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2001 15:29:49 -0800
      >
      >I saw this at the site for the New York State Historical Survey.,.
      >

      >The rail vehicles are an interurban car, first used on the New York
      >Railways
      >Little Falls to Rome division in the 1910's and 1920's and last used on the
      >Rochester Subway in 1956. The subway car is a 1940's New York City R-9
      >model, which plays a key role in the Museum's New York Metropolis exhibit.
      >
      >Other rail materials include a Fairmont section car, a rowed speeder,
      >signals, rails, lamps, tools and ephemera such as timetables and posters. A
      >recent notable addition to the Museum is the collection of Robert Bedford
      >of
      >Johnstown, who for fifty years accumulated artifacts of traction railways,
      >especially the Fonda, Johnstown and Gloversville.
      >
      >Gino

    • Randy & Lorraine Decker
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 2, 2001
        In this case Paul Bob sold this stuff to them I am sure they did not pay
        what they were worth but hey And yes I agree about the photo material
        I have it from a family member that a local historain from the Amsterdam
        area who had been collecting photo's from her area for many many years
        gave her things to the State Museum ??? I am sure they are there but I
        can find no record of it and they have no ideas where it may have gone I
        am sure it will turn up but In What decade we will never know I think most
        of us will be long gone by then!!!