Re: [FJGRailroad] Re: Found this on the net

  • Randy & Lorraine Decker
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 1, 2001
      Walt I wonder if the number plate for #12
      That Bob had is in this bunch of items mentioned?? I still have not seen
      what-all the State Museum aquired from him?? ----- Original Message -----
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 2, 2001
        Correct, Gino. The State Museum in Albany also has a bench from the
        Fonda depot.

        Glenn
        --- In FJGRailroad@y..., Gino And Kelly DiCarlo <dicarlos@c...> wrote:
        > Walt,
        >
        > I believe the site was for the collection at the State Museum!
        >
        > Gino
      • Gino And Kelly DiCarlo
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 2, 2001
          Walt,

          I believe the site was for the collection at the State Museum!

          Gino

          > From: waltdanylak@...
          > Date: Fri, 02 Feb 2001 03:47:40 -0000
          > To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com
          > Subject: [FJGRailroad] Re: Found this on the net
          >
          > Gino,
          >
          > Where are the items mentioned? Are they at the NYSHS in Cooperstown,
          > the NYSRR Museum south of Rochester or at the NYS Library in Albany.
          >
          > Walt
        • Gino And Kelly DiCarlo
          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 2, 2001
            I've got to go see that stuff one of these days! Especially Beford's
            collection. It's been quite a while since I've seen it...

            Message 5 of 8 , Feb 2, 2001
              I tried to access this material but it was still in storage as it had not
              been catalogued. The stuff that is available is good but really would like
              to know what of Mr. Bedford's material actually made it to the museum. That
              is one trouble with museum collections: the paper goods languish for years
              until someone finds the time to archive them and the artifacts sit in bins
              or cubbies in a warehouse until someone gets the idea to have an exhibit
              that could use them. The other problem with donating to museums is that
              they are free to do as they wish with their donations and often sell the
              lesser quality duplicates rather than keep them as intended by the donor.

              PKL

              >From: Gino And Kelly DiCarlo <dicarlos@...>
              >To: FJG Railroad <FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com>
              >Subject: [FJGRailroad] Found this on the net
              >Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2001 15:29:49 -0800
              >
              >I saw this at the site for the New York State Historical Survey.,.
              >

              >The rail vehicles are an interurban car, first used on the New York
              >Railways
              >Little Falls to Rome division in the 1910's and 1920's and last used on the
              >Rochester Subway in 1956. The subway car is a 1940's New York City R-9
              >model, which plays a key role in the Museum's New York Metropolis exhibit.
              >
              >Other rail materials include a Fairmont section car, a rowed speeder,
              >signals, rails, lamps, tools and ephemera such as timetables and posters. A
              >recent notable addition to the Museum is the collection of Robert Bedford
              >of
              >Johnstown, who for fifty years accumulated artifacts of traction railways,
              >especially the Fonda, Johnstown and Gloversville.
              >
              >Gino

            • Randy & Lorraine Decker
              Message 6 of 8 , Feb 2, 2001
                In this case Paul Bob sold this stuff to them I am sure they did not pay
                what they were worth but hey And yes I agree about the photo material
                I have it from a family member that a local historain from the Amsterdam
                area who had been collecting photo's from her area for many many years
                gave her things to the State Museum ??? I am sure they are there but I
                can find no record of it and they have no ideas where it may have gone I
                am sure it will turn up but In What decade we will never know I think most
                of us will be long gone by then!!!