The FJ&G Railroad, Chowder and Marching Society - 1st Annual Picnic

  • 103424.2304@compuserve.com
    Message 1 of 14 , Feb 1, 2001
      Walt,

      "Why, coitenly!"

      Glenn

      --- In FJGRailroad@y..., waltdanylak@c... wrote:
      > The weekend of July 21 & 22 seem to be a problem for some of our
      > group so how's August 11 & 12?
      >
      > Let me know.
      >
      > Walt
    • Randy & Lorraine Decker
      Message 2 of 14 , Feb 1, 2001
        Thanks Andy great I have heard two so far that can't do the 21st but can
        do the 22nd?? Sounds like another date to kick around I do not have any
        trouble with either one?? Hows the 22nd sound to the rest of you?? and the
        location is dependeant on what we are doing for displays or bad weather or
        slide shows etc.

        Message 3 of 14 , Feb 1, 2001
          I 'll be away on July 21 and 22.Im rather new to the club so I'll let
          the others decide.Lets pitch a tent where the station stood in
          Gville.(lol) Mark
        • fusco@baldcom.net
          Message 4 of 14 , Feb 2, 2001
            Walt:
            The 8/11 weekend is good, for me at least. The picnic on the
            courthouse lawn isn't a bad idea. The flat track is running then and
            reserving a corner of the buffet tent on the clubhouse turn would be
            easy to do, as well,

            Mark:
            Awful to hear that the FJG hopper at Utica is about to be
            scrapped. What about the FJG boxcars and snowplow? The snowplow
            would be an especially nice item to get into Gloversville next to
            Randy's boxcar. ----Andy Fusco
          • mwilber@webtv.net
            Message 5 of 14 , Feb 2, 2001
              Andy-Im not sure about what is going to be scrapped and what isnt.Im
              going to find out soon.I think we still use that plow when we have
              to.Hasnt had much use lately.I'll check out on the hopper car.I know
              those burnt out coaches are going. Mark
              Message 6 of 14 , Feb 3, 2001
                Of course I'm working both of those days Walt!

                Gino DiCarlo
                ----------------------------------
                gdicarlo@...
                Quad Imaging Saratoga
                x4276

                Message 7 of 14 , Feb 3, 2001
                  August 11 is good for me! I actually have that Saturday off!!!

                  Gino DiCarlo
                  ----------------------------------
                  gdicarlo@...
                  Quad Imaging Saratoga
                  x4276

                  The 8/11 weekend is good, for me at least. The picnic on the
                  courthouse lawn isn't a bad idea. The flat track is running then and
                  reserving a corner of the buffet tent on the clubhouse turn would be
                  easy to do, as well,

                  Mark:
                  Awful to hear that the FJG hopper at Utica is about to be
                  scrapped. What about the FJG boxcars and snowplow? The snowplow
                  would be an especially nice item to get into Gloversville next to
                  Randy's boxcar. ----Andy Fusco

                  Visit Gino's F.J.G.R.R. Page at
                  http://www.capital.net/~dicarlos/

                  http://www.trainweb.com/gcdra/

                  in New York State at
                  http://ny.existingstations.com/

                • mwilber@webtv.net
                  Message 8 of 14 , Feb 4, 2001
                    Hey! Where is everybody? Mark
                  • Randy & Lorraine Decker
                    Message 9 of 14 , Feb 4, 2001
                      Thats a Roger... Mark? I read you? I think there was a show this weekend
                      in Springfield Mass? I am sure some of the guy's are trying to figure out
                      how to get home now that they spent all the money on FJ&G stuff at the
                      show!!?? grin Looks like I am the only one here at "Mission Control"!
                      I'm just stalking the postman for checks for hats? and watching ebay
                      auctions I gotta get a life!! Randy
                      Message 10 of 14 , Feb 4, 2001
                        Right here as usual, about 2500 miles away.... dick

                      • mwilber@webtv.net
                        Message 11 of 14 , Feb 7, 2001
                          Andy-I found out for now that the only cars are going to be scrapped in
                          Utica yard is those burnt out passenger cars .For now the FJG stone
                          hopper car will not be touched.The FJG snow plow is still being used
                          when needed.Of course we havent used it in a few years.I'll be working
                          in Utica tomorrow ,maybe I'll take my camera with me to get pictures of
                          the plow and hopper car. Mark