Changes

  • andrea fusco
    Message 1 of 14 , Feb 1, 2001
      Dear FJGers:
      Adam and I just got back from the Super Bowl. Great time, great
      seats. Somebody just needs to tell Kerry Collins that yer supposta
      throw the ball to guys who are wearin' the same color jerseys yer
      wearin.' Oh well. It'll be a great memory for my son.
      Lotsa changes here, huh? Posting a message ain't like it useta be.
      Various responses to recent posts:
      1) Hat. Randy, I 'll have Andrea send you my $23 today.
      2) The snowplow is still in Utica. It's way up on the west end of
      the yard, past the superhighway overpass exit and near the Utica club
      Brewery, and parked with some ex-PC FJG and LASB green-on-green
      boxcars. Its still lettered for the FJ&G. SusieQ uses it as a parts
      plow for the other Russell they regularly use on the Northern Div.
      3) #30 made at least one run to Fonda. I saw it, about 1963-65. My
      friends and I were playing at the frog pond at Frog Hollow next to the
      Montgomery Street/ Chestnut St. crossing in Johnstown. What alerted us
      was the strange sound of the approaching whistle. #30 sounded more like
      a steam whistle than the horn on S-2 #20 and #21. Approaching us, from
      the front, it looked pretty much like #21 or #20, but as it went by you
      could see the obvious difference of a center cab. And it was small. It
      was pulling a typical train of 4-6 cars, but that was downhill to
      Fonda. Never saw the return trip.
      4) July 21 is a problem for me. Its one of four Saturday races for
      Adam (6/16, 7/7, 7/21 and 8/18) that he's gotta run for NYS Championship
      points. Maybe Saul'll come thru for me and petition for a date change.
      ----Andy Fusco
    • mwilber@webtv.net
      Message 2 of 14 , Feb 1, 2001
        The NYSW are in the process of scraping up some of the old rail cars in
        Utica Yard.I think that old FJG hopper car which was a talk issue at one
        time will be history too. Mark
      • waltdanylak@citlink.net
        Message 3 of 14 , Feb 1, 2001
          The weekend of July 21 & 22 seem to be a problem for some of our
          group so how's August 11 & 12?

          Let me know.

          Walt
        • 103424.2304@compuserve.com
          Message 4 of 14 , Feb 1, 2001
            Walt,

            "Why, coitenly!"

            Glenn

            --- In FJGRailroad@y..., waltdanylak@c... wrote:
            > The weekend of July 21 & 22 seem to be a problem for some of our
            > group so how's August 11 & 12?
            >
            > Let me know.
            >
            > Walt
          • Randy & Lorraine Decker
            Message 5 of 14 , Feb 1, 2001
              Thanks Andy great I have heard two so far that can't do the 21st but can
              do the 22nd?? Sounds like another date to kick around I do not have any
              trouble with either one?? Hows the 22nd sound to the rest of you?? and the
              location is dependeant on what we are doing for displays or bad weather or
              slide shows etc.

            • mwilber@webtv.net
              Message 6 of 14 , Feb 1, 2001
                I 'll be away on July 21 and 22.Im rather new to the club so I'll let
                the others decide.Lets pitch a tent where the station stood in
                Gville.(lol) Mark
              • fusco@baldcom.net
                Message 7 of 14 , Feb 2, 2001
                  Walt:
                  The 8/11 weekend is good, for me at least. The picnic on the
                  courthouse lawn isn't a bad idea. The flat track is running then and
                  reserving a corner of the buffet tent on the clubhouse turn would be
                  easy to do, as well,

                  Mark:
                  Awful to hear that the FJG hopper at Utica is about to be
                  scrapped. What about the FJG boxcars and snowplow? The snowplow
                  would be an especially nice item to get into Gloversville next to
                  Randy's boxcar. ----Andy Fusco
                • mwilber@webtv.net
                  Message 8 of 14 , Feb 2, 2001
                    Andy-Im not sure about what is going to be scrapped and what isnt.Im
                    going to find out soon.I think we still use that plow when we have
                    to.Hasnt had much use lately.I'll check out on the hopper car.I know
                    those burnt out coaches are going. Mark
                    Message 9 of 14 , Feb 3, 2001
                      Of course I'm working both of those days Walt!

                      Gino DiCarlo
                      ----------------------------------
                      gdicarlo@...
                      Quad Imaging Saratoga
                      x4276

                      Message 10 of 14 , Feb 3, 2001
                        August 11 is good for me! I actually have that Saturday off!!!

                        Gino DiCarlo
                        ----------------------------------
                        gdicarlo@...
                        Quad Imaging Saratoga
                        x4276

                        The 8/11 weekend is good, for me at least. The picnic on the
                        courthouse lawn isn't a bad idea. The flat track is running then and
                        reserving a corner of the buffet tent on the clubhouse turn would be
                        easy to do, as well,

                        Mark:
                        Awful to hear that the FJG hopper at Utica is about to be
                        scrapped. What about the FJG boxcars and snowplow? The snowplow
                        would be an especially nice item to get into Gloversville next to
                        Randy's boxcar. ----Andy Fusco

                        Visit Gino's F.J.G.R.R. Page at
                        http://www.capital.net/~dicarlos/

                        http://www.trainweb.com/gcdra/

                        in New York State at
                        http://ny.existingstations.com/

                      • mwilber@webtv.net
                        Message 11 of 14 , Feb 4, 2001
                          Hey! Where is everybody? Mark
                        • Randy & Lorraine Decker
                          Message 12 of 14 , Feb 4, 2001
                            Thats a Roger... Mark? I read you? I think there was a show this weekend
                            in Springfield Mass? I am sure some of the guy's are trying to figure out
                            how to get home now that they spent all the money on FJ&G stuff at the
                            show!!?? grin Looks like I am the only one here at "Mission Control"!
                            I'm just stalking the postman for checks for hats? and watching ebay
                            auctions I gotta get a life!! Randy
                            Message 13 of 14 , Feb 4, 2001
                              Right here as usual, about 2500 miles away.... dick

                            • mwilber@webtv.net
                              Message 14 of 14 , Feb 7, 2001
                                Andy-I found out for now that the only cars are going to be scrapped in
                                Utica yard is those burnt out passenger cars .For now the FJG stone
                                hopper car will not be touched.The FJG snow plow is still being used
                                when needed.Of course we havent used it in a few years.I'll be working
                                in Utica tomorrow ,maybe I'll take my camera with me to get pictures of
                                the plow and hopper car. Mark