Hi everyone!

  • rldecker@xxxxxxx.xxx
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 13, 1999
      So What Is the name of this Railroad? And where is Gloversville anyway!

      Thanks Gino this is a great web site! It is wonderfull to see the interest in this Great shortline! For those of you who do not know me I am from Gloversville orriginally and grew up in the 1960's near the RR tracks apparently close enough to become permenantly hooked! I have so many things to comment on I do not know where to start I guess with some of the most recent messages Arron mentioned missing the chance to take some photos of the line on rt 5 dont feel bad Any of the members here I am sure have missed some great shots along the way I watched the s2's and #30 for years and rarely took the shots I should have Jes ya know I just thought they were safe and thought they would be around tommorrow I loved the old steamers and the diesels Who cares right? Well now that they are gone I miss those damn smelly engines to! Oh well thats history and that is why groups like this are so important we can all come up with something and in the end there is a good record on film and in print. I noticed the messages concerning the structure in Perth. I have written a book on the RR but this by no means makes me an expert! In my oppinion this was a RR station there is no mistaking the construction it is not the Vails Mills station but I do believe it to be from the Electric division Hagaman or Rocton Jollyland park area I am working on some more info from this area and perhaps many years ago someone took one shot from this area showing this station? Anyway I look forward to the discussions and I must say I enjoyed the demise section anything concerning this RR is of intrest good or bad! Thanks for the place to discuss this Gino and the Rest