Re: Vail Mills, agian...

    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 11, 1999
      My information came from the three families that have owned the building
      since the middle thirties. The building was moved to that location from
      Cork Hill in Amsterdam (1949, if I recall correctly)where it had been used
      as a gas station at the Five Corners since the mid thirties. The father of
      one of the people I spoke with bought the right of way from the FJ&G in the
      upper Amsterdam area. This was one of the first gas stations in the area.
      It certainly appears to be an FJ&G structure, and I am comfortble that it
      was, but it is not the former Vail Mills building.

      PKL