(no subject)

  • Saul B. Kalbfeld
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 4, 1999
      I have copies of all the Steam and Electric division photos from the
      1928 ICC Survey. I had the books for several hours and took them
      to my mother's house in Gloverville in 1971 and copied them by sticking
      each page on a sunlit board and getting a 35mm shot of it. At the time I
      was not sure how
      large the copied image would be. Turned out they were about 1/3 the size
      of a 35mm negative. They are a little fuzzy but the prints I had made
      were
      not too bad, just small. I've taken several and tried to enhance them
      with Micrografx picture publisher with limited success. Someone at work
      has set up a black and white darkroom at his house. I may give him
      several of the negatives to try and make larger prints. The three shots
      of
      the Sacandaga depot I took to Frank Ambrose in Gloversville and got
      pristine copies from the originals. If my copies are the only record of
      the
      1928 ICC photos, I'll see what I can do do make them available to all wh
      are interested. The third volume of the 1928 survey, as I remember, was
      devoted to the
      company properties in Sacandaga Park, including the 4 hotels, all the
      cottages and whatever else. At the time I did not have time to copy any
      of this material.
      Also, Is there a reason why the file upload area is not being used on
      the Onelist page. Using this space would make materials available to
      all,
      instead of sending files to individuals as e-mail attachments. I don't
      want to step on any toes, so let me know. I'll post the ICC index (196
      total photos) soon as
      I can convert the list to a .txt format
      Regards,
      Saul Kalbfeld