Great Train Extravaganza

  • Walt Danylak
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 20, 2000
      Just a reminder that the GTE will be held December 3 at the Empire
      State Plaza Convention Center in Albany. I will have a table at the
      show displaying FJ&G items. Everyone is welcome to stop by and visit.

      Usually Bob's Photos has tables at this show and always has FJ&G
      photos for sale.

      Geno:

      If you have any handouts about your web site and/or the egroup,
      please feel free to drop them off. The more people that know about
      our group the better.

      Randy:

      If you have the hats or can makeup an order form, bring them to the
      show or get them to me, and we"ll see if we can't drum up additional
      sales.

      Walt
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 21, 2000
        Walt,

        I'm going to try my best to get to the show Walt! I haven't been there
        in years...

        Gino DiCarlo
        ----------------------------------
        gdicarlo@...
        Quad Imaging Saratoga
        x4276

        Just a reminder that the GTE will be held December 3 at the Empire
        State Plaza Convention Center in Albany. I will have a table at the
        show displaying FJ&G items. Everyone is welcome to stop by and visit.

        Usually Bob's Photos has tables at this show and always has FJ&G
        photos for sale.

        Geno:

        If you have any handouts about your web site and/or the egroup,
        please feel free to drop them off. The more people that know about
        our group the better.

        Randy:

        If you have the hats or can makeup an order form, bring them to the
        show or get them to me, and we"ll see if we can't drum up additional
        sales.

        Walt

        Visit Gino's F.J.G.R.R. Page at
        http://www.capital.net/~dicarlos/

        http://www.trainweb.com/gcdra/

        in New York State at
        http://ny.existingstations.com/

      • Randy & Lorraine Decker
        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 22, 2000
          Walt excellent! Thanks so much I will try and get something together
          with the company that makes the hats?? I will be at the show and I would
          be happy to help you man that booth for a while so you can get a break??
          Randy

          > Just a reminder that the GTE will be held December 3 at the Empire
          > State Plaza Convention Center in Albany. I will have a table at the
          > show displaying FJ&G items. Everyone is welcome to stop by and visit.
          >
          > Usually Bob's Photos has tables at this show and always has FJ&G
          > photos for sale.
          >
          > Geno:
          >
          > If you have any handouts about your web site and/or the egroup,
          > please feel free to drop them off. The more people that know about
          > our group the better.
          >
          > Randy:
          >
          > If you have the hats or can makeup an order form, bring them to the
          > show or get them to me, and we"ll see if we can't drum up additional
          > sales.
          >
          > Walt

          http://www.trainweb.com/gcdra/

        • Walt Danylak
          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 18, 2001
            The 2001 edition of the GTE will be held December 2, at the Empire
            State Plaza Convention Center (the Egg) from 10 am until 4 pm.
            Admission is $5.00. I will have the FJ&G display setup. Usually I'm
            located on the 2nd tier, along the rear wall as you enter the show.
            Bob's Photos is usually there also with a good selection of FJ&G
            photos. Who knows what other FJ&G items might show up. If you attend,
            stop by and say hello.

            Walt
            Message 5 of 9 , Nov 19, 2001
              Speaking of Bob's photos! There are 2 guys that I have noticed with plenty
              of black and whites of the FJG and their stuff is different from what Bob
              has.
              Here's the difference, Bob's B&Ws are $8 and these other guys sell their
              stuff
              for $3.50! They are also more pleasant to deal with! What is my point?
              Here
              it is. If you go to the show, look up these other guys before you spend all
              your money at Bob's! Don't get me wrong, Bob has great stuff, but these
              other
              guys have a large selection too and like I said $3.50!!!! These guys are
              usually found up on the stage area. Do yourself a favor and look for them!

              Message 6 of 9 , Nov 19, 2001
                Gino, Bob aint gona like you......

                Message 7 of 9 , Nov 19, 2001
                  He should like me, I've bought enough of his pictures!!!!

                    Message 9 of 9 , Dec 3, 2010
                      Hi guys,

                      Gino's RailPage will have a table at the Great Train Extravaganza in Albany this Sunday.  The show starts at 10
                      and goes until 4.  I've got a few copies of my book for sale and as an added bonus, the one and only Paul Larner
                      will be at the table signing copies of his book, 'Our Railroad:The History Of The Fonda Johnstown & Gloversville Railroad (1867-1893).'
                      Paul will also have candy canes for the children and hugs for the ladies!

                      Stop by and say hello.  I'll have some reprints of a Capital District Trolley Map from the back of a Schenectady Railway Tour Guide to hand out.  You can either donate $20 to Gino's Railpage to receive one, or you can just take one when I'm not looking!  The choice is yours.

                      Anything else at the table is for sale at a reasonable price and make great stocking stuffer items!

                      Oh, I also forgot.  If I can find a working portable DVD player, I will be running Interurban Film's spotlight on the FJ&GRR between Schenectady and Gloversville.  Maybe even a United Traction Movie and a Schenectady Railway trip between Schenectady and Saratoga Springs.  Certainly worth the price of admission!

                      See you there!