New Photos

  • Gino And Kelly DiCarlo
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 15, 2000
      New Photos

      Hi Guys!

      I've posted a couple of shots to the Egroups site.  The first is of
      Walter Rich surveying the FJG in a Trackmobile in 1980.  The second
      is of 103 on the FJG sporting LASB marks.  Thought you may like them...

      Gino

      http://www.egroups.com/files/FJGRailroad/DO/Trackster%2Ejpg

      http://www.egroups.com/files/FJGRailroad/DO/103%2E5%2Ejpg
      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 1, 2006
        Hi guys,

        An easy was to access the photos uploaded by Jerry and myself is to go
        the the group page and hit the link for "New Photos." You do need to be logged
        into your Yahoo account to access them!

        This is the link for our group page:

        This is the link for the "New Photos!"
        http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/FJGRailroad/spnew

        www.ginosrailpage.com
        www.fjgrr.org
        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 31, 2008
          Hi guys,

          I picked up a batch of FJ&G Trolley photos at the Big E in
          Springfield. Some you've seen, maybe some you
          haven't. Go to http://fjgrr.org abd click on "NEW" to see them.

          http://ginosrailpage.com
          http://fjgrr.org
          http://ginosmusicservice.com
        • Michael Christie
          Message 4 of 10 , Jan 31, 2008
            Great additions to the site Gino!  Too bad I missed you at the show!

            -Mike

            On 1/31/08, Gino's Railpage <fjgrailroad@...> wrote:
            Hi guys,

            I picked up a batch of FJ&G Trolley photos at the Big E in
            Springfield.  Some you've seen, maybe some you
            haven't.  Go to http://fjgrr.org abd click on "NEW" to see them.

            http://ginosrailpage.com
            http://fjgrr.org
            http://ginosmusicservice.com

            Visit Pete Seftons Lost Landmark Page
            http://www.lostlandmarks.org
            http://ny.existingstations.com/
            Yahoo! Groups Links

            <*> Your email settings:
               Individual Email | Traditional

            <*> To change settings online go to:
               (Yahoo! ID required)

            <*> To change settings via email:
               mailto:FJGRailroad-digest@yahoogroups.com
               mailto:FJGRailroad-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

               http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          • Charlie Vosburgh
            Message 5 of 10 , Feb 1, 2008
              Gino;  Great photos!  Sure would be nice to go back in time and ride one of those cars to the city and back.  Charlie
              Message 6 of 10 , Feb 1, 2008
                I need to announce in advance when I'm going to these shows so I can meet fellow
                fans. I did hook up with some other guys who I haven't met or seen in
                a while. Finding
                someone in Springfield is like finding a needle in a haystack!

                Gino

                Message 7 of 10 , Feb 8, 2014
                  Came across these recently:

                  Fonda depot, as seen from the rear of a passing NYC train:
                  http://www.flickr.com/photos/barrigerlibrary/12226471036/sizes/o/
                  I estimate the date to be the early 1950s, since the RS2 or RS3 locomotive models on the NYC were delivered starting in 1950, and there are two such locomotives in the distance.

                  Scotia, with the FJ&G Electric Division diverging to the right as the NYC tracks dip underneath the B&M Rotterdam Branch:
                  http://www.flickr.com/photos/barrigerlibrary/12230441946/sizes/o/

                  The entire set is interesting if you care to look for your favorite railroad(s).  There are a few other shots of regional interest; the above are the only "FJ&G" images I could find.  Here is the entire group:
                  http://www.flickr.com/photos/barrigerlibrary/sets/

                      Message 10 of 10 , Feb 10, 2014
                        Charlie,

                        The correction is more than welcome.  I do not have the book you referenced.  I checked a few of the available online rosters and all listed a date of 1950 or later for delivery of RS2 or RS3 diesels.  That sounded odd to me, as I had a gut suspicion some of the RS2 locomotives had been delivered a wee bit earlier, but I went with what I could find.