Photos on Onelist

  • Charles P Woolever
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 1, 1999
      Onelist has an archive area devoted to each list. The other lists I belong
      to (D&H, Southern Tier, etc) just have the photo sent to the archive. That
      way the list remains a true list and doesn't become bogged down as 300K+
      sized emails. The D&H list has lots of photos in their archive. Any member
      as access to that lists archives.

      Charles
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 1, 1999
        So, how do we access or send pictures to this archive?

        -Aaron
      • Charles P Woolever
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 2, 1999
          Uploading files:

          -Go to www.onelist.com
          -Sign on (or it may recognize you and give you a link to go right to your
          list(s) you subscribe to)
          -You'll be shown the lists you subscribe to
          -Click on the FJ&G list
          -On the left, you'll see a list of options like looking to see all of the
          members, archive of past emails, etc. Click on Files.
          -You'll see a list of files for the FJ&G list. Right now there are none.
          -There is a button to upload a file. There is a button to create folders to
          organize things. Any list member can do this.
          -Upload your file here (follow directions after clicking link) and then you
          make a post to the list and tell people to check out "filename.jpg" or
          whatever that you just uploaded to the file archive.

          Now the list remains pure text and fast and everyone has access to the
          files. No more ("I can't decode this" or "I didn't get the file", etc.)

          Charles